ROM Hack Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Cheat Database

Junkie123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
That already exists. There's a fork of the overlay that has support for sub-categories.

Here's the link: https://github.com/proferabg/EdiZon-Overlay
Actually i am using this overlay edizon v1.0.2b, but it still limit the number of cheats in the text file, no matter how many sub section you created. And also you dont recommend using ftp?? i was thinking of using ftp instead of the troublesome method of taking out sd card. Can breeze copy from cheats that are downloaded from my pc? So far i can edit the codes from breeze which is nice features already

Any recommendation of easy to use application without taking out sd card?

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Neat, looking into that now! Maybe I'll send them some of my other ideas for it too, like the merging on and off variants of codes.
It's easy to do that. Here's an example of how to do it (I'll use my Chain x101 to demonstrate):

These are the On/Off versions. In order to merge them into a single code, you need to add some sort of condition, eg: Press L.
Code:
[Chain x101 (On)]
04000000 01E4E104 52800CAA

[Chain x101 (Off)]
04000000 01E4E104 1100054A

So if you want to activate the code with "Press L" and deactivate with "Press R", you'd make it like this:
Code:
[Chain x101]
04000000 01E4E104 52800CAA <- The on code
04000000 01E4E104 1100054A <- The off code

In the code, "80000040" is the activation code, the "40" on the end means the "L" button. So when you press L, the "04000000 01E4E104 52800CAA" code is activated, which in the example is the "on" code.
As such, "80000080" is the activation code for press R, which then activates the "04000000 01E4E104 1100054A" code, which in this case is the "off" version.
You can apply this activation principle to other codes as well.

Last edited by INSTRUMENTAL,
Reactions: JayBae

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i am using this overlay edizon v1.0.2b, but it still limit the number of cheats in the text file, no matter how many sub section you created. And also you dont recommend using ftp?? i was thinking of using ftp instead of the troublesome method of taking out sd card. Can breeze copy from cheats that are downloaded from my pc? So far i can edit the codes from breeze which is nice features already

Yeah I know the limit is always there, that's why i just replace codes on the fly... Did that not make sense from how I worded it? oof, whatever. lol

I do recommend FTP, I never said not to do FTP... lol.

FTP is what I do all the time. Only time I don't is if I'm installing/uninstalling new CFW manually and need to overweight a file that may be in use, but FTP used for swapping in and out cheat codes is easy and no issue.

breeze can only handle the files on the switch, but you could easy just move files to breeze using FTP and then open them in breeze.

Reactions: Junkie123456

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

1. "Actually i am using this overlay edizon v1.0.2b, but it still limit the number of cheats in the text file"
The overlay has nothing to do with cheat limits. The cheat limit is a part of Atmosphere, the CFW.

2. "Any recommendation of easy to use application without taking out sd card?"
That's what Breeze is for. Once you've got a cheat file on the SD card, you can manually add or remove via Breeze. If you wanna change a lot of codes in the cheat file, then it's easier to take the SD card out.

3. "Can breeze copy from cheats that are downloaded from my pc?"
Breeze is capable of downloading codes from a database, however whether or not the codes are updated/even exist, is hit or miss per game.
I do recommend FTP, I never said not to do FTP... lol.
I said don't use FTP

Reactions: Junkie123456

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INSTRUMENTAL said:
That already exists. There's a fork of the overlay that has support for sub-categories.

2022010822591600-7F4AACC644EAC4BF4E5897B413FFD611.jpg

Ah yes, Much cleaner, thanx for pointing this out!

Also sent them some ideas on their git, like ways to scroll thru faster, and letting scrolling wrap around, and combine on/off toggle cheats ect.

Last edited by JayBae,

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, any reason you don't use FTP? I use Breeze for editing and moving cheats around, but it's database is crap and mostly outdated, and I like to add my own files to it with FTP.
Potential for weird SD card corruption issues. Granted it may be fixed now. Last time I was looking into FTP for the switch was years ago, when the scene was developing.

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using crit catch along with the 100% catch code, as far as I'm aware, the 100% catch code will override it, as it makes all pokeballs thrown run the masterball check and never fail, so the game never tries to determine if it's a crit catch.

As for the pokedex enc code, not yet. I've found some useful code, but I'm having trouble being able to make a way to pass through the values from one function to another (I'm also back at work, so I've less time to work on it now).

PS: I didn't make the crit catch code
Oh! I totally thought you made that. And thanks for telling me, it does work. Back at the original version I had a code that just massively increased the chance and also the critical and together they were my 100% but now I see what you meant and why that original 100% code was good enough. I would have noticed that had I actually looked at the codes themselves. Thanks for being so helpful on here.

Reactions: INSTRUMENTAL

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Potential for weird SD card corruption issues. Granted it may be fixed now. Last time I was looking into FTP for the switch was years ago, when the scene was developing.
Yeah, I don't think it has that issue anymore, I've never ran into any issues. TBH I feel like removing the SD card over and over is more bad than FTP is lol. I avoid removing my SD card if at all possible, I usually just mount my sd card on my switch via usb tools in hekate when I need to access them more directly.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a working "ignore status effects" code?

Or has anyone fixed the instant kill code for SP so it can't backfire and kill your own poke'mon if the enemy goes first XD, Kinda wish the instant kill code just sets the enemy to 1hp instead of boosting attack damage, Why it does it for both your own pokemon and the enemy pokemon is kinda strange.. XD

Was in a double battle partnered with my Rival, and the code backfired cause the enemy went first, and it killed my rivals poke'mon in one hit lol. kinda funny. XD

Also kinda funny, in the start of the game, if you use this cheat during the teaching you to use poke'balls part, he KOs the pokemon in one hit and says basically "And that's how ya do it!, I kinda wished I lowered it's hp a lil more" I about died, you'd of str8 up murdered it if you damaged it any further! lmfao. Just a funny thing I did when playing thru. lol, the game proceeded to freeze up min after that, not sure if cause that's not supposed to happen, or because of another cheat, but it was funny none the less.

Last edited by JayBae,

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2022010902263900-7F4AACC644EAC4BF4E5897B413FFD611.jpg

Figured I'd share my current cheats setup ;) Either as a template for sub-menus, or feel free to use and edit as you wish; all cheat codes are credit to the makers and owner of this thread. :) I just organized em in a way that works for me, and added the sub-menus for ease of use, and removed many cheats I personally had no use for.

:!:NOTE: These are for the latest version [1.1.3] Poke'mon: Shining Pearl.
:!:Uses this fork of the Tesla EdiZon Overlay menu for using submenus:
https://github.com/proferabg/EdiZon-Overlay

Good for a normal casual play thru if you don't care about IVs/EVs, or breeding/forced encounters
Added back some codes from the Master File that were removed.
Updated codes that caused crashes, fixed by others here after the main file on page 1 was uploaded.

Attachments

• JayBae Pokemon SP Cheats Layout [2].zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by JayBae,

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to do that. Here's an example of how to do it (I'll use my Chain x101 to demonstrate):

These are the On/Off versions. In order to merge them into a single code, you need to add some sort of condition, eg: Press L.
Code:
[Chain x101 (On)]
04000000 01E4E104 52800CAA

[Chain x101 (Off)]
04000000 01E4E104 1100054A

So if you want to activate the code with "Press L" and deactivate with "Press R", you'd make it like this:
Code:
[Chain x101]
04000000 01E4E104 52800CAA <- The on code
04000000 01E4E104 1100054A <- The off code

In the code, "80000040" is the activation code, the "40" on the end means the "L" button. So when you press L, the "04000000 01E4E104 52800CAA" code is activated, which in the example is the "on" code.
As such, "80000080" is the activation code for press R, which then activates the "04000000 01E4E104 1100054A" code, which in this case is the "off" version.
You can apply this activation principle to other codes as well.

that's interesting... imma have to play with this, thanx! isn't that how the hold ZR for instant KO works? it's only listed once in the menu, but it's set up similar to that? what are all the codes for all the buttons? is there a walkthru for this?

ooof

Last edited by JayBae,

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Figured I'd share my current cheats setup ;) Either as a template for sub-menus, or feel free to use and edit as you wish; all cheat codes are credit to the makers and owner of this thread. :) I just organized em in a way that works for me, and added the sub-menus for ease of use, and removed many cheats I personally had no use for.

:!:NOTE: These are for the latest version [1.1.3] Poke'mon: Shining Pearl.
:!:Uses this fork of the Tesla EdiZon Overlay menu for using submenus:
https://github.com/proferabg/EdiZon-Overlay

Good for a normal casual play thru if you don't care about IVs/EVs, or breeding/forced encounters
Added back some codes from the Master File that were removed.
Updated codes that caused crashes, fixed by others here after the main file on page 1 was uploaded.
also as much as this does look nicer it takes away from your cheat limit :)

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also as much as this does look nicer it takes away from your cheat limit :)
That may be true, but I don't need every possible cheat, Only picked and chose the cheats I'd actually wanna use, I have no need for a bunch of nature codes I'm not gonna use, or breeding stuff i'm not gonna use, or chain stuff I'm not gonna use...ect. If I want to use those codes, I'll just make another different setup and put that in, someone should make an app that lets you make multiple cheat setups for one game, and let ya swap them in and out easy haha. I kinda use Breeze to do it, but would be nice if was a more simple one that only swapped out your main cheat file. lol

Reactions: OblivionReign

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the way I play, I don't use cheats all the time, being I'm mostly playing legit so my Trainer card looks legit. XD I'm just weird like that.

Also, I've noticed some weirdness with PKHex, and the shinies I make using the cheats here, it does not show the shiny star in PKHex, but some yellow box instead... what's that about? PKHex says they are fine and legit... well most times, if they aren't shiny locked that is, but that yellow box can't be toggled in PKHex, is the shines via the cheat somehow diff compared to the ones PKHex makes? cause PKHex ones have a red star....

Last edited by JayBae,

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
See the way I play, I don't use cheats all the time, being I'm mostly playing legit so my Trainer card looks legit. XD I'm just weird like that.

Also, I've noticed some weirdness with PKHex, and the shinies I make using the cheats here, it does not show the shiny star in PKHex, but some yellow box instead... what's that about? PKHex says they are fine and legit... well most times, if they aren't shiny locked that is, but that yellow box can't be toggled in PKHex, is the shines via the cheat somehow diff compared to the ones PKHex makes? cause PKHex ones have a red star....
Different shiny types. Sword and shield introduced it. Any of my legit shinies i got in BDSP when shown in PKHEX all have the yellow square.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1