Gaming Pokemon gen 4 to gen 5

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I wanna transfer from a Pokemon Platinum rom to a legit white 1 cart. There is talk of an old wifi method online, but I can't find it. Does it work on Wiimmfi and what is it?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The official method is obviously out, since you'd need to run a transfer tool on the source console via download play

The by far most convenient (you can transfer as much as you want in one swoop, copy instead of moving, no gimmicks no bullshit) unofficial method is to backup the saves of both games and use PkHeX to drag&drop them in and out

I'm not aware of any online method, except possibly via an unofficial GTS allowing you to upload your pokemon (one at a time, even worse performance than the official method), automatically converting them to the newer format, and letting you receive them (also one at a time) on BW12

Reactions: alivebacon

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The official method is obviously out, since you'd need to run a transfer tool on the source console via download play

The by far most convenient (you can transfer as much as you want in one swoop, copy instead of moving, no gimmicks no bullshit) unofficial method is to backup the saves of both games and use PkHeX to drag&drop them in and out

I'm not aware of any online method, except possibly via an unofficial GTS allowing you to upload your pokemon (one at a time, even worse performance than the official method), automatically converting them to the newer format, and letting you receive them (also one at a time) on BW12
Yeah, but I don't want to write the save back to my cart. If I should or have to I will, but I prefer not doing it.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, but I don't want to write the save back to my cart. If I should or have to I will, but I prefer not doing it.
It's inevitable... unless you plan on creating a legal backup of your game and continuing to play it on your flashcard, or on putting your pokemon on an original gen 4 game first :P

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does White 1 need ap?
I think so - it wasn't a new concept (especially for its series) by the time it came out, and IIRC DSi games have some self-verification built in (intended to complement the one an unmodded DSi does on the header and executables)

Given it's not exactly the newest (unlike BW2 which came after many reputable flashcards were blocked) nor most obscure DS game, though, most modern kernels should support it automatically

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1