Pokemon Go reveals a new creature, Meltan

Players of Pokemon Go found an odd bit of data recently; in place of the Pokemon Ditto, there was instead a new creature that had never been seen before. The mystery caused confusion as to if it was merely a glitch, or if it was a sign of things to come. Now, the official Pokemon YouTube channel has revealed the latest addition to the world of Pokemon, Meltan. It's available first in Pokemon Go, and will be in the upcoming Pokemon Let's Go as well. Meltan is a new Steel type form, but not evolution, of Ditto. More information will be revealed soon.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
So - if Meltan is in Pokemon: Let's go Eevee/Pikachu!, does that mean we ARE getting more than the vanilla 151?
Actually, since the Switch is more powerful, couldn't they add other regions and Pokemon as paid DLC in the future? It's not a Farfetch'd idea (pun intended. :bow: ), and it would make Nintendo/Pokemon a TON more money. Are you reading this Nintendo?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, since the Switch is more powerful, couldn't they add other regions and Pokemon as paid DLC in the future? It's not a Farfetch'd idea (pun intended. :bow: ), and it would make Nintendo/Pokemon a TON more money. Are you reading this Nintendo?
No plz no dlc Pokemon

That would be the last straw for me

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Calling it now, trade Ditto with steel coat to get Meltan /s

On a more serious note, I hope they start making evolutions for older pokemon again. I hope we get an eeveelution in the next mainline series game

So - if Meltan is in Pokemon: Let's go Eevee/Pikachu!, does that mean we ARE getting more than the vanilla 151?
given the timing it seems like the purpose is specifically for that to happen as a hook for LGEP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Pokemon Hand Holder for Nintendo Switch, you can only catch gen 1 Pokemon but WAIT! There’s more! You can also catch bootleg Ditto who you could probably stick on a keychain because it was drawn by a first grader!

Reactions: CallmeBerto

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's so frustrating to see Pokemon going this route.

We used to have serious rumours about pokemon. Ho-Oh being teased in the first episode of the Anime. Not seeing it until a long time after that when everyone forgot all about it. Mew under the truck. What MissingNo actually was.

Now we have (genuinely don't have a clue after X/Y's 721) who know's how many Pokemon, different forms with stupid ways to transform them, a ton of ridiculous crap that no one from the old school days cares about like Mega Evolution. Now they're announcing new Pokemon through Pokemon Go. It drives me crazy.

I could go on for ages about this but I could care less now. It should be more about that 'Gotta Catch em' all' than 'Gotta try for a shit ton of time to transform a few Pokemon into 6 different forms to complete your Pokedex 100%. How fun!'

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,
Reactions: elBenyo

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic Pokémon: creatures that actually look like animals (or otherwise living things)
Modern Pokémon: fucking objects with randomly floating body parts / a second grader's art project

The damn thing is literally a white Ditto with a hex nut on top of its head.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic Pokémon: creatures that actually look like animals (or otherwise living things)
Modern Pokémon: fucking objects with randomly floating body parts / a second grader's art project
>creatures that actually look like animals
250px-066Machop.png

81-Magnemite.png

geodude.jpg

>fucking objects with randomly floating body parts / second grader's art project
1200px-603Eelektrik.png

250px-630Mandibuzz.png

250px-586Sawsbuck-Spring.png
...yeah...

Last edited by Pluupy,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. My favorite classic pokemon are "magnet with screws" and "rock with arms".

Can't forget about "literally a pile of toxic sludge".

Last edited by Edgarska,

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe with Pokemon Switch.
Don't expect nice features like that in LGPE.

D

Deleted User

Calling it now, trade Ditto with steel coat to get Meltan /s

On a more serious note, I hope they start making evolutions for older pokemon again. I hope we get an eeveelution in the next mainline series game

Random thought, but it'd be pretty cool if we got a Ditto evolution that evolved by copying the appearance of an already-evolved form. Nice chicken-and-egg action there for ya.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol