ROM Hack Pokemon HeartPlatinum Hack

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want HeartGold? I know, me too. So, in anticipation, I started this small project. So, here it is (finally), HeartPlatinum, the hack of Platinum that lets you relive Johto all over again!

Sorry for the lack of screens or pics, I'm just too lazy to make them myself. After I fancy it up a bit, I may get around to posting some more.

FEATURESJohto Starters: Cyndaquil, Chikorita, and Totodile to choose from!

Johto Wild Pokemon: Lavitar, Mareep, and others! (I forgot already, it's been a while)

Johto Gym Leaders: All of the gym leaders have the same parties as their Johto counterparts, albeit some higher levels and a few "curveballs" I threw in. The people themself haven't changed, however.

Johto E4: All the E4 have the same Pokemon as their Johto counterparts, with higher levels as well.

Different rival Pokemon: Your rival now uses a Johto starter (the counterpart to yours) as well a completely 1st and 2nd Gen party

Various trainer edits: I was too lazy to get them all, but some have changed from 4th Gen to 2nd Gen parties. Cyrus has also had a slightly different party.

Text edits: After lots of work, I've added some text edits. These include gym leader and E4 dialouge to reflect their new parties, as well as a few shameless placements of myself (Guild, the professor) and a friend (Sora, the champion). Also some minor changes to saving text and credits.

TOOLS NitroExplorer (for extracting files)

Crystal Tile (hex editor)

PPTE (trainer editor)

WPEDS (wild Pokemon editor)

thenewpoketext (text editor)

Notepad (in conjunction with thenewpoketext)

TO-DOIncoporate legendaries: Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, and the 3 dogs are yet to make an appearence in game (I'm not a fan of adding low catch and appearence rates). You can always use PokeSav to add the dogs as roaming Pokemon, however.

Graphical edits: No graphics have been changed in-game, since I really lack the knowledge (or tools) on how to. Once I find out or maybe after some help, I'll add a few.

Evolution edits: There isn't any easy GUI tool for evolution editing in Platinum (as far as I know), so I haven't gotten around to it.

PokeMart edits: Mainly just adding evolutionary stones so you won't have to run around mindlessly for them.AUTHOR'S NOTE
I made this hack literally in about 2-3 days. Don't get all up in arms over if it "suxxxxxx" or is a "disgrace to rom haxors everywhere". If you don't like it, don't play it. I don't care at all. However, your feedback is appreciated. If there's anything you want changed or want to help with, leave a note here or on my page. If you haven't noticed, I'm a NOVICE hacker. I did this as mainly an experiment. It's not perfect, and I didn't really take the time to make it picture perfect. As of now, the game is playable all the way through. I may eventually come back to do more various edits and finishing touches, but it's not a priority right now. So, as a final note, don't flame about it, make some useful comments instead of bitching and moaning. If you think I can't do it, then do it yourself. Good night and good luck.

INSTALLATION
1. You'll need: A Pokemon Platinum (U) ROM (no links!), the HeartPlatinum UPS patch, and the UPS patcher program.
2. Rename your Pokemon Platinum ROM to be the same name as your UPS patch (Pokemon HeartPlatinum, for example)
3. Open tsukuyomi and click "Apply patch to an existing file"
4. Select your UPS patch for the first box and the ROM for the second box
5. Click "Apply patch"
6. Wait until the patch is done, and huzzah! Finished!DOWNLOADS

Includes UPS patch, tsukuyomi (UPS patcher), and an Info text file.

Here at GBAtemp: none, currently. Something's wrong with the upload service or whatever. I'll add it when it comes.

At Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d1yymie3ham

INTERESTING FACTS
1. I did this over a weekend, so it's not perfect.
2. The 4 names for your rival are the people who sit at my table for art class. I'm Harry, if you were wondering.
3. "Sora" is the chosen name from Allen (who sits at my art table as well) for the champion. Yes, it's the same name as the KH protagonist, boohoo.
4. The UPS patch should ACTUALLY work this time. That's a first.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
There is none map changer for Platinum
ohmy.gif
doubt there is for diamond/Pearl

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yep got the same ting as the user above me, "Failed! Input checksum is invalid."

I'm using VISTA. and I want to know if yours was successful, what did you do and what PC do you have?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, that's odd. I tried it out before and it worked for me. I'm using a HP Pavillion and Windows XP. If it doesn't work, I'll try uploading another patch. I have it in ROM form, but unfortunately I can't post the link to that.

EDIT: Tried it again and it didn't work. Lemme keep working on it and see what happens.

EDIT #2: Found the issue (you have to make the patch and ROM the same name). I also added detailed instructions to the initial thread for patching. It worked for me so.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Hm, that's odd. I tried it out before and it worked for me. I'm using a HP Pavillion and Windows XP. If it doesn't work, I'll try uploading another patch. I have it in ROM form, but unfortunately I can't post the link to that.

EDIT: Tried it again and it didn't work. Lemme keep working on it and see what happens.

EDIT #2: Found the issue (you have to make the patch and ROM the same name). I also added detailed instructions to the initial thread for patching. It worked for me so.
where's the thread? and i did tried to rename it to the same name but i get the same message and I posted before.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread as in the first post I made on this thread (all the way at the top).

Hm, it said it patched successfully and didn't. I'll keep working on it. Sorry for the issues.

EDIT: I finally got it to work! I made a new patch and I just patched a ROM for Platinum successfully. Lemme upload the new one to Mediafire.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
The thread as in the first post I made on this thread (all the way at the top).

Hm, it said it patched successfully and didn't. I'll keep working on it. Sorry for the issues.
could you PM me please? or actually i"ll PM you..

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There, that's the new patch file (Mediafire link on the first post). I've patched it myself and played a few minutes and the patch should be working. If it doesn't, then I may bash my head on the keyboard.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
There, that's the new patch file (Mediafire link on the first post). I've patched it myself and played a few minutes and the patch should be working. If it doesn't, then I may bash my head on the keyboard.
lol, it works now.

I thought I didn't put in the patched version, and until I got into a battle I seen the Cyndaquil. It was weird though, When Prof'Rowan "Guild" made me select a Pokemon from the case, it was the 3 starters on D,P, & Plat. but when I chose the 2nd one, it was like "you chose Tirtwig" or something like that, (i dunno how to spell these new stupid PKMN names, the old ones are the best...)

thanks for the patch though, looking forward to seeing anything new change. Like the area looks... but no need to put ureself into that trouble when it's coming out soon... But if you rly want to, check out the Firered GBA hack version "ShinyGold"

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Romruto said:
Guild McCommunist said:
lol, it works now.

I thought I didn't put in the patched version, and until I got into a battle I seen the Cyndaquil. It was weird though, When Prof'Rowan "Guild" made me select a Pokemon from the case, it was the 3 starters on D,P, & Plat. but when I chose the 2nd one, it was like "you chose Tirtwig" or something like that, (i dunno how to spell these new stupid PKMN names, the old ones are the best...)

thanks for the patch though, looking forward to seeing anything new change. Like the area looks... but no need to put ureself into that trouble when it's coming out soon... But if you rly want to, check out the Firered GBA hack version "ShinyGold"

There's no real way to change the starter images and stuff, so sorry 'bout that. Maybe I'll incoporate some text edits like "Well too bad! You'll get XXXX!" or whatever. I guess I missed a few text edits there as well, sorry.

Also, I've played ShinyGold and it's excellent. There just isn't going to be any hacks in the near future with a full change of maps in 4th Gen games.

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
There's no real way to change the starter images and stuff, so sorry 'bout that. Maybe I'll incoporate some text edits like "Well too bad! You'll get XXXX!" or whatever. I guess I missed a few text edits there as well, sorry.
I did not change the text since that's easy anyways.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably involves hex editing so that the sprites that show are those of whatever Pokemon you choose. I hate hex editing and only did it to change the starters.

Posts merged

quickfingers said:
i tried but i won't work it says "Failed! Input checksum is invalid." and i renamed the file and everything

Did you try the latest patch? Everyone else has had it working fine.

quickfingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think hold on i'll check
just checked and there was only one file so i'm guessing that is the newest file and it doesn't work for me4

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quickfingers said:
i think hold on i'll check
just checked and there was only one file so i'm guessing that is the newest file and it doesn't work for me4

I deleted the older one to avoid any confusion. If you haven't tried this newest one, then please do so. Also, check if your Platinum ROM is (U).

Also, on an unrelated note, if someone could upload this to here at GBAtemp that'd be awesome. I've tried it twice and it just gets to the final bar of the download and stops and never uploads. I've tried it on 2 computers so IDK what the problem is. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious