Pokemon Home launches next month, will have free and premium tiers, brings back the GTS

original_d1e9c4dac0f337671b8e43b11651443c.jpg

p06_02.jpg p07_04.jpg p08_01.jpg p08_02.jpg p08_06.jpg

We've got new details regarding the Pokemon Home service, which will allow players to transfer some of their favorite Pokemon to the latest games. The service is set to launch next month, in February 2020, with both a free and a paid plan available. For free, players can deposit 30 Pokemon, have three creatures in the Wonder Box at once, and can participate in "room trades". The premium version of Pokemon Home will cost $15.99 a year, and will expand upon the features of the basic plan, such as raising the limit of maximum deposited Pokemon from 30 to 6,000, having 10 Pokemon in the Wonder Box at once, being able to use Pokemon Bank, and giving access to the Judge function, which lets you see your Pokemon's EV's and IV's at a glance.

Pokemon Bank, a service that also previously required a yearly payment, will be made free for a month, to celebrate the launch of Pokemon Home, and made it easier for premium players to import their Pokemon into the new program.

GFHjYbj.png

The Wonder Box is a feature that acts as a larger-scale Wonder Trade function, trading selected Pokemon randomly across the globe, even when you're not using the Pokemon Home app. Meanwhile, the GTS will be making a comeback, and just like the older games, you'll be able to deposit a set Pokemon and request a trade with someone for another Pokemon, under certain conditions. Room Trades are similar to Wonder Trades, but you'll join together with a set of 20 players, who will each randomly trade their Pokemon. Players on the free plan can partake in these trades, but only paid members can host them.

Instead of receiving carting your Switch to events, Mystery Gifts can be obtained both locally and online through the Pokemon Home app as well.

:arrow: Source

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basic tier can only upload 30 Pokemon?
WTF kind of joke is that?
Seriously, Nintendo, you gotta be out of your fucking minds to force the Premium one out of the users with that absurd "free" solution.
Seems to me the free tier is just a basic way of granting access to GTS and the special trading types. 30 is enough if you're just using it for that, but it isn't exactly a storage solution unless you pay for premium.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and im guessing you will need switch online to transfer pokemons to?

So after the free pokemon bank month to transfer pokemons from older gens to pokemon home you will need to pay

pokemon bank subscription on 3ds
pokemon home subscription
nintendo switch online subscription

because the free option of 30 pokemons is ridiculous lol with 800 past pokemons to transfer good god you will take entire days doing 30 at a time ...

And after all that you still cant transfer all to sword and shield because they arent all there even after the dlc...

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I was thinking the Pokemon Home was going to cost $20 a year jokingly in my head. I was close... $16 a year. I mean you can spend like $3 a month, but this is messed up.

GTS and online were FREE before SwSh and Switch. I blame this on Nintendo cause they can't do online right while Sony and Microsoft are BETTER in that regard. Not perfect, but better.

But GameFreak is also in the wrong for cutting the feature out and selling us back at a price. At least there's a FREE version, but it's so gutted what's the point?

Also, someone stated you need Nintendo Switch Online to have Home be usable with SwSh. I don't see that in this article unless it was stated somewhere else. Can someone confirm this please?

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Basic tier can only upload 30 Pokemon?
WTF kind of joke is that?
Seriously, Nintendo, you gotta be out of your fucking minds to force the Premium one out of the users with that absurd "free" solution.
Nintendo has nothing to do with this.
This is all The Pokemon Company. Nintendo would include Home in NSO if they could.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Actually kinda nice to be able to trade and manage my mons while I'm away from console. I do agree that Premium is a tad too expensive, though - will stick with a free version.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I was thinking the Pokemon Home was going to cost $20 a year jokingly in my head. I was close... $16 a year. I mean you can spend like $3 a month, but this is messed up.

GTS and online were FREE before SwSh and Switch. I blame this on Nintendo cause they can't do online right while Sony and Microsoft are BETTER in that regard. Not perfect, but better.

But GameFreak is also in the wrong for cutting the feature out and selling us back at a price. At least there's a FREE version, but it's so gutted what's the point?

Also, someone stated you need Nintendo Switch Online to have Home be usable with SwSh. I don't see that in this article unless it was stated somewhere else. Can someone confirm this please?

I blame the last generation of gaming. First xbox had paid online then sony said "hey these dumb ass's will just give us free money to do something they already do so why not charge too." Now nintendo see's the $$$ signs in there eyes. Shit wont change unless gamers stand up and say enough but who am i kidding that will never happen when people are willing to pay thousands of dollars in micro transactions just for a decoration or to speed up shit. Gaming is dying a slow greedy death. Long live microtransactions and point, click, wait, decorate piles of shit.

Last edited by wartutor,

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon: Subscriptions and Paywall edition!

Instead of putting base features back in with an update, they took them out just to put them behind a paywall. There's the argument there's a free version ... ? but why should I have to pay for premium when trading is one of the base features of the damn games! I understand Pokebank, I can sympathize with making people buy a fee to transfer their pokemon from older games(not that I like it), but making us pay for GTS is like really hella scummy no matter how you look at it.

Though I guess adding back some pokemon for "free" and the only way to catch them by yourself is to buy the dlc is also bad.

TBH I didn't think they could out do themself :') Rip Pokemon new games

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seems since their mobile phone business Nintendo is trying more and more how far they can go with monetization. Before some people come bashing that the Pokemon company is not Nintendo well it is since everything related Pokemon is done by the pokemon company that is owned 50/50 equally by Gamefreak and Nintendo. Yes Nintendo is shifting more and more towards monetization and they have been taking it slowly over the years exopanding it bit by bit. I hope that future doesn't come to pass because it ain't good

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo has nothing to do with this.
This is all The Pokemon Company. Nintendo would include Home in NSO if they could.
The pokemon company is owned 50/50 by Nintendo and Gamefreak ( and creatures but is owned by gamefreak so whatever ) so they have everything to do with this since one can veto out the other one in shareholder meetings when it comes to decisions like these, so yeah they have everything to do with it ! Ishihare is the CEO of the pokemon company and has made games ONLY for Nintendo during the NES, Snes area and so forth. That says enough i think

Last edited by kumikochan,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bet that someone besides me still remembers that back in the day when Pokémon Bank was announced, TPC said that it was intended as a service that would stay "forever" (aka futureproof) so players would never loose their mons in future games/generations. Look at them now, charging triple the price for the same Megabytes of storage capacity disguised behind fancy and sparkling useless props on their filthy server hard drives.

People sure forgets easily and companies know that.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Welp, I'll stick with pkhx. Free to import from older games, just takes longer and a hacked switch. What a sad day for Pokémon. I was going to get the dlc, but I'll pass on it now.

Plase help me when the transfer become legal. I can trade you anything even my legit shiny that i got in the game.
Yes, i can mod my system but then i need to buy another console for play Smash online.

Personaly i will go for the DLC just so i can say i have 100% Gen8 and then be done with Pokemon games forever. Hopefully next year and futures years we are gonna get some more good Digimon games for all platforms.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps