Gaming Pokémon Let's go Eevee! and Pokémon GO! Won't Connect

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the process you are using to connect? And do you have a lot of other devices connected to your phone's bluetooth? Usually it's not a problem with the game and everything to do with the phone.

my V30 usually won't connect, I have to use an S7 to connect. It can be fickle.

Last edited by osaka35,

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
What is the process you are using to connect? And do you have a lot of other devices connected to your phone's bluetooth? Usually it's not a problem with the game and everything to do with the phone.

my V30 usually won't connect, I have to use an S7 to connect. It can be fickle.

I have a watch and that's it. I open both games and go into the connection settings with BT turned on.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a watch and that's it. I open both games and go into the connection settings with BT turned on.
if it's a fitbit, those can apparently cause problems. take your watch off and put it in another room, and try and be where there isn't too much bluetooth traffic.

remove all connected devices on the bluetooth section of your phone, turn off bluetooth, restart your phone and keep bluetooth off for the moment. Open pokemon go app. go settings and wait to press the sync with switch thingi. Open up the settings menu in let's go and go to the sync section. Turn on the bluetooth on your phone and press the sync buttons on both devices.

Normally all this isn't needed, but since we're trying to troubleshoot, might as well do it all in one go :P

Last edited by osaka35,

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
if it's a fitbit, those can apparently cause problems. take your watch off and put it in another room, and try and be where there isn't too much bluetooth traffic.

remove all connected devices on the bluetooth section of your phone, turn off bluetooth, restart your phone and keep bluetooth off for the moment. Open pokemon go app. go settings and wait to press the sync with switch thingi. Open up the settings menu in let's go and go to the sync section. Turn on the bluetooth on your phone and press the sync buttons on both devices.

Normally all this isn't needed, but since we're trying to troubleshoot, might as well do it all in one go :P

I'll have to try that tomorrow, I'm sure GadgetBridge won't be happy with me. Haha.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to try that tomorrow, I'm sure GadgetBridge won't be happy with me. Haha.
most phones/tablets should do the bluetooth magic automatically. There is a small chance you have to manually add the switch in the bluetooth settings, but most of the time this will actually mess up the syncing. Isn't technology fun?

also, be sure you're in the settings part of the let's go when you're trying to sync. You do not initially sync by talking to the man behind the counter. You only do that AFTER the initial sync in the settings of both games. THEN you talk to the man behind the counter in let's go, and you select the pokemon from let's go. Which is just..the best dang way to do it. /s

good luck.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
most phones/tablets should do the bluetooth magic automatically. There is a small chance you have to manually add the switch in the bluetooth settings, but most of the time this will actually mess up the syncing. Isn't technology fun?

also, be sure you're in the settings part of the let's go when you're trying to sync. You do not initially sync by talking to the man behind the counter. You only do that AFTER the initial sync in the settings of both games. THEN you talk to the man behind the counter in let's go, and you select the pokemon from let's go. Which is just..the best dang way to do it. /s

good luck.

Yeah it won't work at all.

Ashymay23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried everything and mine still wont connect. I tried different phone and different switches. It use to connect and now simply refuses. Anyone else having the same issue or possibly have any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw