Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not my cheat table, search for the author in the yuzu discord

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't necessarily need to know any pointers either since I've added cheats by referring to the pointers already defined in the CT.
Is the pointer the same for any adress? Like inventory?

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the pointer the same for any adress? Like inventory?
That implies I know how to find pointers myself which I don't.

In the storage the quantity is very close to the item id. You can morph the item id and change the quantity. You don't need pointers to achieve that. Just search for the item quantity with exact value/4 bytes and you'll find it. The storage is extremely long, it would take a very long time to specify all the offsets for each item in the storage.

The main pointers defined in the ct is one that is the base (of yuzu I believe) and where the pokemon start. The person who found the pointers is CJBok#5626 on discord

EDIT: just searched up discord and some of the pointer discussion is how RAX/r14 is the real address. Might try and find the real address for the floor again later today because I was trying to use the best guess of the writes to address :/

Last edited by DestinyFeather,

GameXnoXJinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know the tid or idk. First time using this so idk what to do tbh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do I need for installing the code? I dont know how to use edizon

Infinity4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I’m very new at this, I was just wondering how am I able to put in the codes in general? Do I need to install something on my switch?

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW UPDATE 1.0.2

I downloaded this update without meaning to and looks like it broke all the Edizon cheats. Hopefully the CheatsDB will have new ones soon.
The cheat engine table is pretty useful in the mean time but it doesn't do everything (like infinite bank items).

Last edited by Chicken0895,

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded this update without meaning to and looks like it broke all the Edizon cheats. Hopefully the CheatsDB will have new ones soon.
The cheat engine table is pretty useful in the mean time but it doesn't do everything (like infinite bank items).
You can just scan the exact value/4 bytes of the quantity in storage

Eg I have 3 of something in storage. I scan 3. I take out one item. I scan 2. I take out another item. I scan 1. I put another item back in. I scan 2. A few addresses are remaining. I paste all the addresses into the bottom panel. Right click em all. Change value to whatever.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eg I have 3 of something in storage. I scan 3. I take out one item. I scan 2. I take out another item. I scan 1. I put another item back in. I scan 2. A few addresses are remaining. I paste all the addresses into the bottom panel. Right click em all. Change value to whatever.
Yup, CE works well with this game. I used it the other day. I'll wait for the updated item cheat though, its just more convenient. Moving saves around constantly every time I need to dupe an item is a hassle =( I'm sure someone will update it shortly.

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yup, CE works well with this game. I used it the other day. I'll wait for the updated item cheat though, its just more convenient. Moving saves around constantly every time I need to dupe an item is a hassle =( I'm sure someone will update it shortly.

It also requires me to have more than one of that item. This is not always the case.

Last edited by Chicken0895,

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also requires me to have more than one of that item. This is not always the case.
Not sure if it includes the items you want, but you can use wonder codes. There is actually a mod on the site here that changes the codes to 00000000 to 00000078 or something like that. Makes them all super simple to put in and gives a TON of items. Some pretty rare.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would require me to already have more than one of that item. This is not usually the case for rare items.
Someone posted the list of item codes in the sxos thread and those are the exact same for yuzu. Which means you scan for the quantity of whatever you want to turn into a rare item (yes this works for items you don't even own), put the address into your address list, right click the address and hit "browse this memory region" go a few steps to the left as shown in the image until you come across the item's item id as in the sxos thread. Then you replace the item id with whatever you want and withdraw the morphed items (the quantity will appear as 0 but don't worry this is normal and only temporary). Since none of the Switch codes work on yuzu at all and I only can use yuzu, I had to improvise. And this is quite effective.
upload_2020-3-20_10-54-49.png

All item codes https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-1020#post-8977072

Last edited by DestinyFeather,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone posted the list of item codes in the sxos thread and those are the exact same for yuzu. Which means you scan for the quantity of whatever you want to turn into a rare item, put the address into your address list, right click the address and hit "browse this memory region" go a few steps to the left as shown in the image until you come across the item's item id as in the sxos thread. Then you replace the item id with whatever you want and withdraw the morphed items. Since none of the Switch codes work on yuzu at all, I had to improvise. And this is quite effective.
View attachment 200095
There is also a way to edit Kekleon shop.
Structure is kinda like this
1) Kangaskhan Inventory
2) Green Kekleon Shop (8 Items)
3) Purple Kekleon Shop (8 Items)
4) Your own inventory (what you have on yourself)

At the end of K's Inventory, if an item's quantity is 0 (except for stackable items, pay attention), then the shop begin here.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE: toolbox during maps, I have never really messed with it much but if you want to find out where the inventory currently is and you have wand uses in stock, you can scan for your current number of wand uses, spam a wand use, scan for the wand uses left, spam a wand, scan for the uses left then doing exactly what I did with the friend bow you can locate the inventory location. I think. Or at least it worked when I morphed my wand into some other wand.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also --

And this is not static adress, so I have hard time to make a cheat for shop/inventory editing.
Because once an item move, it got deleted and not 00 replaced

Imagine the 3 last items ID in your inventory are :
0xFA 14 (Random Item #1)
0xFB 15 (Random Item #2)
0xFC 16 (Random Item #3)
0xFD Kekleon 1st item start here.

If you remove (Random Item #3) from the inventory,
then it will not be be
0xFA 14 (Random Item #1)
0xFB 15 (Random Item #2)
0xFC 00 (Random Item #3) (Waiting for new item ID to replace)
0xFD Kekleon 1st item start here.

But this instead
0xFA 14 (Random Item #1)
0xFB 15(Random Item #2)
0xFC Kekleon 1st item start here.
0xFD Kekleon 2nd item start here.

I'm not sure if I'm clear enough

Last edited by Asia81,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RE: toolbox during maps, I have never really messed with it much but if you want to find out where the inventory currently is and you have wand uses in stock, you can scan for your current number of wand uses, spam a wand use, scan for the wand uses left, spam a wand, scan for the uses left then doing exactly what I did with the friend bow you can locate the inventory location. I think. Or at least it worked when I morphed my wand into some other wand.
Be careful when morphing items into another.
Not sure how exactly it work, but morphing (stackables) items into/from another category of items (as clothes/scarf...) will corrupt the save and cause a blackscreen when rebooting (#truestory).

Trying to be clearer. Turning a Friend Bow into any TM could result in corruption.
You can see the TM, its text, sprite, power... but even if the TM can be learned by any of your pokemon, it won't shrine in your inventory (look carefully, TM that shrine are TM that can be learned).
Because behind the scene (in the ram, save), the items is still treated as a friend bow even if it look as a valid TM.

So it's better to turn seeds into another seeds, TM into another TM, you got it...

Last edited by Asia81,

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful when morphing items into another.
Not sure how exactly it work, but morphing (stackables) items into/from another category of items (as clothes/scarf...) will corrupt the save and cause a blackscreen when rebooting (#truestory).

Trying to be clearer Turning a Friend Bow into any TM could result in corruption.
You can see the TM, its text, sprite, power... but even if the TM can be learned by any of your pokemon, it won't shrine in your inventory (look carefully, TM that shrine are TM that can be learned).
Because behind the scene (in the ram, save), the items is still treated as a friend bow even if it look as a valid TM.

So it's better to turn seeds into another seeds, TM into another TM, you got it...
That's true, I've been very careful. Now that I have an item list of ids and the structure as you've described, I think that toolbox morphing would be a lot easier.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOW TO EDIT ANY POKEMON YOU WANT
The first method uses a Cheatengine table created by CJBok#5626's as a base and I have added the ability to edit Rare Qualities, Abilities and Species of your first three pokemon, your first recruited pokemon and the first member of your team being sent into Pelipper Island Purity Forest/Joyous Tower etc found from the offsets of the pointers defined by CJBok#5626.
The second and third methods are manual and should be applicable to everything.

z7h8ww0ugsn41.png

RESOURCES
KNOWN ISSUES
  • People have informed me that CFW'd switches have issues with edited pokemon where gulpin will crash while Yuzu will not
  • This cheat table may have issues on yuzu finding the pointer when you first start the game, therefore you must use an alternate, manual method of editing Pokemon
  • Pokemon portraits for certain expressions for Pokemon not in SMD (example, Riolu) will be missing and have some Japanese text visible in the icons unless you romhack or something (I don't know anything about romhacking)
  • Changing your starter will change your Pokemon base
EDITING THE POKEMON IN YOUR TEAM DURING A DUNGEON (METHOD 1: EASIEST, RECOMMENDED)
This may not work at the very start of the game because the cheat table may not be able to find the pointers. But if you've been playing for a while I think this always works.
  1. Open Yuzu
  2. Open Cheatengine (64 bit version only)
  3. Download the cheat table (attached to the post). Double click the cheat table
  4. Load your Mystery Dungeon DX game
  5. Go into a dungeon, like Tinywoods
  6. Edit your pokemon using the IDs in the resources and making sure to change both ability fields.
  7. Go down a stair level at the dungeon. Now your changes will stick.
  8. Exit the dungeon. Now your pokemon will be the right pokemon forever.
You can rotate any pokemon you want into your current team slot and edit them.
EDITING THE POKEMON BEING EVOLVED IN THAT EVOLUTION CAVE (METHOD 2: QUITE EASY)
  1. Open Yuzu or your CFW'd Switch
  2. Open Cheatengine (64 bit version only) or your game and its ramhacking thingo on your switch
  3. Preferably you want a 3 stage pokemon being evolved.
  4. Scan for the exact value id of your pokemon before being evolved
  5. Evolve your pokemon and scan for the exact value id of your newly evolved pokemon.
  6. Evolve your pokemon again and scan for the new exact value id of your finally evolved pokemon. Now you should have very few results. Paste them into the bottom window and change all of those values into the id of whatever pokemon you want
  7. Now your pokemon will be their new species forever
EDITING YOUR POKEMON MANUALLY RIGHT AFTER THE TINY WOODS CUTSCENE AT THE VERY START OF THE GAME (METHOD 3: EXTREMELY DIFFICULT)
Custom starters made via RAM editing tend to crash the game right after the tinywoods cutscene or before it. Therefore, ideally you want to be editing the starter inside the tutorial dungeon and therefore you and your partner will be coming out fresh and shiny new. Or so I think.
This only works if your names are fairly unique and your pokemon are not named things like Unity (the game is named unity and there are loads of pokemon called it). You also don't want to have your pokemon on the default species name, don't make things harder for yourself.
The names of your pokemon are in hexadecimal. So for example, I named my partner Flaye and slapped it into https://cryptii.com/pipes/text-decimal and I got 46 6c 61 79 65 which is what we also see inside of the cheatengine screen except we have 00 in between all of these so it's 46 00 6c 00 61 00 79 00 65 instead.
In cheatengine, it's called an array of byte search and you tick hex in order to search for the name
zisgltjxgsn41.png

I then go through every single one of the results in the left panel and right clicking, browse memory region.
o5u1a8h1hsn41.png

It's usually near the top. By the way if you're not searching for your partner's name and are instead searching for your name you can expect loads and loads of results. So hopefully you're searching for your partner's name and not your's.
1c17mdfqgsn41.png

You know that you have hit the jackpot when the names of the pokemon are there and their species id is above them. Now you'll need to go into a dungeon before you make your changes or they won't stick. My choice is Tiny Woods.
nqrgx408hsn41.png

Unfortunately, the ability will not be correct so you need to find out where the ability id is (refer to above image). For example, if I turn my Eevee into an Articuno, Articuno will still have Adaptability as an ability. So you will need to go through and manually change those two ability ids as well to be correct, using that pastebin as a reference.
After taking the stairs in your dungeon your pokemon will update.
yj3robd6isn41.png

MY POKEMON APPEAR MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE RAM AND I'M EDITING MANUALLY OR I CAN'T USE THE CHEAT TABLE BECAUSE I AM ON A SWITCH, HELP???
This is normal if you aren't right at the start of the game. You'll have to edit the ability or something and check in the status page to see if it has updated in order to figure out which alternate reality version of your Pokemon you are editing.

Attachments

• rq_species_ability.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 479

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...