Status
Not open for further replies.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sapphire maybe. Gold/Silver/Crystal definitely not, it's unnecessary.

Why do you say that G/S/C is not necessary? Is that due to the bug/exploit that allows you to change the clock and the remake for the DS?

The biggest deterrent I have from putting a lot of time into my origional games is the fact that the IV vals are a max of 25 and the pokemon doing wierd things if you find a way to get them into the GBA(3rd gen game) and then pal park them.

The save files on my R/B/Y + G/S/C are left over from when I was playing as a baby. I still have them but I play the remakes more, due to the vastly improved quality. Back light screen on the SP and rechargable battery deters me from using my GBC (yah I know GBC cards work in the SP)

I think there is a way to get pokemon from the 1st and 2nd gen games into the 3rd gen games. It involves pokemon stadium (either 1 or 2) can't remember. Never done it myself. I was reading about it online though. I know one problem is that in the first two games there was a programming error or something, and the max IV values were meant to be 31 but somehowe (maybe it was simply a typo a programmer made) the final build of the game had them set to 25 and that is what shipped on the final cards. I also don't remember if they didn't notice until they sat down to code the 3rd gen games or if they kept G/S/C at 25 to ensure compatibility. Probably at that point in time they were thankful to be making a second serries of games, and it was easier to just use 25 again. Either way I have seen an article or read something about someone who got gen 1 and 2 pokemon into her 3rd gen game and they were problematic due to more reasons than bad IV values. They were also a lot weaker as when they were created their IV's were only rolled for values between 1 through 25, unline all the pokemon from third gen to current whos IV values are rolled for a number between 1 and 31

D

Deleted-236924

Huh... what?
The maximum IV value in Gen I and Gen II is 15 and that was done on purpose.
There is also no way to transfer a Pokémon over from Gen I/II to Gen III (except for manually recreating the Pokémon, but that doesn't count.)

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what about other languages? Like the Japanese versions?
...do I have to?

Well come to think of it, Japanese might be possible. I just need a japanese table file. I actually know some Japanese, as I have a Japanese mother and I spent the first five years of my life in Japan (I lived in a city called Moriya). But I'm afraid I won't be doing any other languages besides Japanese. So the good thing about that is that I don't need to use sh*tty Google Translate, I could just ask my mother.

Maybe this weekend if I have time, I'll do a Sapphire version patch, and then a Japanese patch for both Ruby and Sapphire.

Also I have a question for you guys, would you guys like a font patch? It changes the font to the font used in Pokemon Emerald. It would look like this:
38011011.png

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-236924

Font patch? Why not?
The current font looks pretty bad, so that's be a great improvement.

And of course, you don't have to do a patch for the Japanese versions if you don't want to, that was just a suggestion.
I plan on playing through a Japanese rom of Sapphire on my EZ-Flash IV (Or maybe on a EFA-Linker LC) and both have no RTC.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The font patch looks great. I agree with pingouin7. It would be a welcomed addition. Thank you for doing this. I, for one, really appreciate it! :D

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never thought the font looked bad )':

I wonder if that is all I'll notice now that it has been pointed out to me >_<

Is the font patch a sparate IPS patch?

Yah and like what Pingouin7 said, you don't have to do this; it's just good karma if you do, and we will love you for doing it.

Also @Pingouin7 Do you speak japanese? And my memory is pretty bad. It could be some rumor I read online or something untrue. I would like to see the literature on it. It could well be 15 and it could have well been on purpose. For some reason I remember the number 25 and it correspons to a Pokemon's IV values in my thoughts, don't remember from where though and don't remember it exactly. Which is more reason why I want to see the literature on it.

I do remember seing a video of a way to get gen 1 and 2 pokemon into gen 3 games, and it involved using either stadium 1 or 2, both worked. I don't remember how though and I don't remember where this girls video was. I'm trying to find it now.

*Edit: I can't see the difference in the font >_

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because font graphic data in Ruby/Sapphire is uncompressed, it should work with any USA Ruby rom, even if you've already applied other patches to it. In fact, I'll post it right now:
http://www.mediafire...2xy2xdxqy7drau6

I guess maybe in a few days I should make a new topic like, "Chaos Rush's Ruby/Sapphire font & clock & other patches". As this topic was started over two years ago, and the topic title would be misleading if I posted more patches, since the topic title says specifically for Pokemon Ruby.

So once I do the Sapphire patch this weekend (or possibly tonight, depending on when I finish my English homework), I'll post a new topic.

EDIT: Also, so I don't end up having 9999999999+ patches, all future clock patches will have the font patch pre-installed. Anybody that prefers the original Ruby/Sapphire font can suck it XD

EDIT: Pingouin7, does gbata's RTC patch work with Japanese Ruby/Sapphire?

D

Deleted-236924

Nah, I don't speak Japanese.
And don't worry, if there was a way of transferring Pokémon from Gen II to Gen III, it would be well-known.
I don't really see how Stadium 2 could allow us to transfer Pokémon, seeing as it can't connect to Gen III at all.

Also, I have no clue if it works or not.
I guess it would be easy to test with VBA, seeing as we can deactivate the RTC on VBA.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, so I don't end up having 9999999999+ patches, all future clock patches will have the font patch pre-installed. Anybody that prefers the original Ruby/Sapphire font can suck it XD

lol, Imposing font communism upon the players. That is a powerful mix of free sample economics, hook them with that clock and force them to use your font :P I can't notice the font difference so I wont know what substance I'll be taking, my problem at most parties, but you are super nice to dispense such great fixes, I mean patches, to us for free. Are ther drug references in there?

And don't worry, if there was a way of transferring Pokémon from Gen II to Gen III, it would be well-known.I don't really see how Stadium 2 could allow us to transfer Pokémon, seeing as it can't connect to Gen III at all. Also, I have no clue if it works or not. I guess it would be easy to test with VBA, seeing as we can deactivate the RTC on VBA.

Maybe I drempt it or maybe it was a bad trip or something. Can the 1st and 2nd gen games trade to colosseum or XDgaleOfDarkness? Somewhere in my memory I remember seeing it done, and that it was not widly publicised as the pkmn you got out of it were on the weak side.

D

Deleted-236924

Maybe I drempt it or maybe it was a bad trip or something. Can the 1st and 2nd gen games trade to colosseum or XDgaleOfDarkness? Somewhere in my memory I remember seeing it done, and that it was not widly publicised as the pkmn you got out of it were on the weak side.
Basically, nope.
I don't think the Pokémon being weak would be a good reason to completely ignore a method of transferring Pokémon, really.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, nope.
I don't think the Pokémon being weak would be a good reason to completely ignore a method of transferring Pokémon, really.

Darn, I would like to think my memory is not fiction but it is looking like it is. I guess one other thing is the structure difference was natures as well as IV values. It's bugging me now why that is in my memory T_T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This patch should work for Sapphire too. They should be the same.
No, it won't. This is because Sapphire has slightly different offsets for all of the tileset, map, and other data. That's just how the games were compiled.

Oops, thought they were the same. Good to see you're still around monitoring your topics. I look forward to your Sapphire version too. Don't really care about the font though.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@[member="Chaos Rush"]

Currently this thread has your ruby clock patch (that applies the gbata.exe's time fix and adds your clock in PokeCentres),
and another IPS patch that only does font right?

Just double checking, and also a suggestion.

Why don't you make a sapphire clock patch like your ruby one,
and then a separate sapphire clock patch. It would only be a total of 4 patches and then people can pick and choose what patches to apply and not be stuck with a blanket patch.

Just a suggestion but anyway you want to do it, thanks again for helping us

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh wow this thread isn't fairly old.

I just read through it, and I was wondering if I could use this to reset the clock on my retail carts.

I know Pingouin asked a similar question, but the answer wasn't too clear for me.

And help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a moderator please lock this thread?

Guys this topic is old and outdated. There's a new topic that covers both Ruby & Sapphire. Here you go: http://gbatemp.net/topic/323667-pokemon-ruby-sapphire-clock-other-patches/

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8