ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also when i made it as a 3ds dump i then had to use the hack tool to make it into a .3ds and then use 3dsconv tool to make into a cia.

Btw i think the first gym is impossible without hax/phbank. You're Pokemon will be lvl9/10 but then get lvld up in the gym and be unresponsive and all faint.

My tactic was a lvl50 ttar with leftovers and lvl8 squirtle with toxic and rapid spin. and about an hour while they ran out of pp on my ttar then bring in squirtle and toxic...then ttar and wait...

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also when i made it as a 3ds dump i then had to use the hack tool to make it into a .3ds and then use 3dsconv tool to make into a cia.

Btw i think the first gym is impossible without hax/phbank. You're Pokemon will be lvl9/10 but then get lvld up in the gym and be unresponsive and all faint.

My tactic was a lvl50 ttar with leftovers and lvl8 squirtle with toxic and rapid spin. and about an hour while they ran out of pp on my ttar then bring in squirtle and toxic...then ttar and wait...
I just used the CE / CR commands, it worked fine. Currently installing with FBI.

How is it impossible?

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UmbraNoctis, post: 6584794, member: 356299"]I just used the CE / CR commands, it worked fine. Currently installing with FBI.

How is it impossible?

Because you fight 6 lvl 14-17 pokemon and as soon ss your Pokemon hit lvl 11 they don't respond to your commands. and as soon as you kill one of them your pokemon will jump up by 2-3 levels and become uncontrollable.

plus one lays sticky web and stealth rock, it's Roxannes first pokemon out so you need rapid spin to clear these obstacles. And toxic to bring their hp down for when they use super potions. Laying stealth rock or entry hazard of your own also helps if you can to kill their sturdy ability pokes in one hit if you can get your overlevelled pokes to actually stop loafing around

Last edited by Ballist1x,

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you fight 6 lvl 14-17 pokemon and as soon ss your Pokemon hit lvl 11 they don't respond to your commands. and as soon as you kill one of them your pokemon will jump up by 2-3 levels and become uncontrollable.

plus one lays sticky web and stealth rock, it's Roxannes first pokemon out so you need rapid spin to clear these obstacles. And toxic to bring their hp down for when they use super potions. Laying stealth rock or entry hazard of your own also helps if you can to kill their sturdy ability pokes in one hit if you can get your overlevelled pokes to actually stop loafing around
Haven't had any issues with loafing. My Combusken was level 22 when I beat it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Xw2X we do not allow people to request or share warez on GBAtemp. This includes CIAs.

Perhaps you want to ask them for the MD5 hash of their file so you can compare the hash of yours to that (some sites also have the MD5 listed if you want to verify it's the same file pre-download). That is perfectly allowed and acceptable.

Xw2X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Xw2X we do not allow people to request or share warez on GBAtemp. This includes CIAs.

Perhaps you want to ask them for the MD5 hash of their file so you can compare the hash of yours to that (some sites also have the MD5 listed if you want to verify it's the same file pre-download). That is perfectly allowed and acceptable.
Sorry about that, but am I allowed to ask them via PM or that's not allowed either?

Last edited by Xw2X,

Salfay

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, i need help.
I have dumped my OR ROM with Uncart, decrypt it with Decrypt9WIP and put it in my desktop.

I can extract from the .3ds rom, modify it, but when I try to rebuild the .cia, it create a customFS.BIN file.

What i have to do ?

Red46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a bug with the fisherman trainer just south of Rustboro City: Fisherman Ivan. When the battle starts the message says that the fisherman grunts are sending out a horde of Poochyenas but, it's Magikarp that appears.

Last edited by Red46,

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a bug with the fisherman trainer just south of Rustboro City: Fisherman Ivan. When the battle starts the message says that the fisherman grunts are sending out a horde of Poochyenas but, it's Magikarp that appears.
That's because only english language texts are modified

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the pokemons from the 679 build 100% legit for trades and stuff?
No, that's why there's a Legit Build.

This is why you don't trade in your team ;) Pokémon only get disobedient when you're not their original trainer. Also, if trading in a Level 50 Pokémon is the only way you could think of to beat a gym designed to be tackled at Level 16... This might not be the ROMhack for you.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

This is why you don't trade in your team ;) Pokémon only get disobedient when you're not their original trainer. Also, if trading in a Level 50 Pokémon is the only way you could think of to beat a gym designed to be tackled at Level 16... This might not be the ROMhack for you.

Ya I know what you are saying, however in X Y I bred a load of fine young Pokemon and wanted to start a new game with them, starting at level 1.

I find it more fun to use the Pokemon I want and bred (albeit in another game) as they are IV perfect with egg over etc, otherwise these Pokemon will never get used!

Yes the gym is designed to be beaten by your own Pokemon at lol 16... However my Pokemon start the gym battle at level 8 otherwise after 1 victory they start to loaf if I go in at level 10. So it actually takes a lot of skill to beat a gym when the opposing team are 60-70% higher level than you are. So I put in a ttar not necessarily to kill things,but just to soak up some hits or whatever while my under levelled team get healed up a bit.

I just beat the mauville city gym with Pokemon at level 27/28 and the guys to the north afterwards with a 6 Pokemon team with low level 30,s using tactics such as a lol 23 toxic spike with focus sash then only 3 Pokemon around level 32. It actually makes it more of a challenge than walking into a gym with a level 43 blaziken and high kicking the hell out of everyone.

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting wrecked over and over by the second gym, Brawly. What am I missing? Is there some Pokemon I was supposed to catch elsewhere? I've been using sand attack, supersonic, etc, but they're just so strong.

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[QUOTE="UmbraNoctis, post: 6595591, member: 35629 im getting wrecked over and over by the second gym, Brawly. What am I missing? Is there some Pokemon I was supposed to catch elsewhere? I've been using sand attack, supersonic, etc, but they're just so strong.[/QUOTE]

Is it the electrivire? Toxic spikes and a high level blaziken will do it.

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Respectfully, you traded in pokemon, and I'm playing from scratch. That advice doesn't really help me.
Respectfully, you traded in pokemon, and I'm playing from scratch. That advice doesn't really help me.

Err the pokemon i used for toxic spikes i caught in the game and the blaziken tactic i saw was a YouTube video as i didn't have or use one...

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I am having troubles with gym leaders overall, but nothing that patience and strategy can't do. I do rely on the boosts given with Pokémon Amie tho and I only carry 3 Pokemon caught in game (which would be Sceptile, Galvantula and Zoroak), the gym leaders are really hard, hard enough I need to be 10 levels above to beat them, though it's really easy to overlevel since every trainer was balanced for that.

For people having troubles with gym leaders, just don't skip Trainer battles and rebattle a few times if needed. I thought Brawly was impossible so I EV trained a Kirlia, when I battled him I didn't even had the need to use him. Now I'm preparing myself to beat Watson.

If I can do it with 3 Pokemon, it should be far easier with 6.

Last edited by Garro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1