Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
What? Where did you read that? or it is something you just assumed?
I came to that conclusion after searching. From what i saw, no one managed so far to get any of them shiny. And im sure people want them, so atleast a picture or someone would already have got one, since shiny legendaries are really wanted.

That picture of a red xerneas is fake, you can tell it has been modified. Also look at the past gen, you couldnt get reshiram and zekrom shiny either without hacking the game or the save.

Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I came to that conclusion after searching. From what i saw, no one managed so far to get any of them shiny. And im sure people want them, so atleast a picture or someone would already have got one, since shiny legendaries are really wanted.

That picture of a red xerneas is fake, you can tell it has been modified. Also look at the past gen, you couldnt get reshiram and zekrom shiny either without hacking the game or the save.

The legendary pokemon will never be shiny. The only way to get one is via a RAM edit (cheating). Unless they an event of some kind you wont see a real one.

livetorise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Why is my antivirus Avaast detecting Commview as a virus?

To tell you the truth it might be because the program it accessing drivers and devices on your computer so it may assume that is malicious.

If you don't trust it don't download it. I got it from some russian website, and it works fine for me.

NTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna make a bunch of Level 1 Hoopas so I can troll these jerks posting Yveltals and Xenreas on the GTS for IMPOSSIBLE Pokemon. I did it with Platinum. I released the Pokemon I got in the trade as well, and the mons I traded to the jerks were named LOLHACKED!
LOL, I've been doing it since gen 4 xD. Haven't regretted it at all lol

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this is looking better and better by the the days i come look at this topic.

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now we all play the waiting game to see if Zaneris or Lulip0pz or someone else can figure out a way to inject packets successfully. And who ever discovers a method will be the hero of the internet forever.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we all play the waiting game to see if Zaneris or Lulip0pz or someone else can figure out a way to inject packets successfully. And who ever discovers a method will be the hero of the internet forever.

It's not 'discovering a method'. As has been stated and restated again, we're at a point where we need a hacked system one way or another to move on. It could be a while.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Not the place for it. I suggest going to that other pokemon thread. :)
Well I thought it was a hacked Venipede but no.

On topic. I've notice that everytime you go to the Battle Spot on the P.S.S. it check your SD Card. What for? And something can be done from that?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Well I thought it was a hacked Venipede but no.

On topic. I've notice that everytime you go to the Battle Spot on the P.S.S. it check your SD Card. What for? And something can be done from that?

Probably just checking some extra data. Since SD is encrypted I doubt we can do anything with it.

livetorise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Me and bond697 or whatever is name is again. Are working on a solution for brute forcing the HMAC Md5 checksum this weekend.
Its only about 16 bytes with i think 2000 or 20k possible combinations for a salt.

Reactions: popeel1

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Me and bond697 or whatever is name is again. Are working on a solution for brute forcing the HMAC Md5 checksum this weekend.
Its only about 16 bytes with i think 2000 or 20k possible combinations for a salt.

Though you can brute force MD5 these days if I was Nintendo I would have Pokemon generate a random number*, send it up with the initiating wondertrade packets and have the partner in wondertrade send it back on top of whatever other checks are already one, if nothing else it would stop your basic packet replay save in those cases where the random number was the same (not likely**). To that end you would have to brute force the MD5 before it all times out; if you have such a supercomputer you can probably trade time on it for someone that knows enough computing to hack the 3ds themselves. If Nintendo then used a better hashing method....

Has anybody done a full capture and breakdown of the whole process yet? I see there are decodes of various trades (giving and getting) but I have not seen an analysis of the whole process yet, even an incomplete one.

*with a tiny bit of asymmetric crypto (the unhacked 3ds being the only thing to have the keys) if I was doing it.

**for better secured devices and more interesting purposes I would look to see what the random generator was, somewhat amusingly a PRNG would probably be more secure than a sound card or some actual noise source in this case though I guess there would be a reluctance to life pins/cut traces on the sound chip

livetorise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Though you can brute force MD5 these days if I was Nintendo I would have Pokemon generate a random number*, send it up with the initiating wondertrade packets and have the partner in wondertrade send it back on top of whatever other checks are already one, if nothing else it would stop your basic packet replay save in those cases where the random number was the same (not likely**). To that end you would have to brute force the MD5 before it all times out; if you have such a supercomputer you can probably trade time on it for someone that knows enough computing to hack the 3ds themselves. If Nintendo then used a better hashing method....

Has anybody done a full capture and breakdown of the whole process yet? I see there are decodes of various trades (giving and getting) but I have not seen an analysis of the whole process yet, even an incomplete one.

*with a tiny bit of asymmetric crypto (the unhacked 3ds being the only thing to have the keys) if I was doing it.

**for better secured devices and more interesting purposes I would look to see what the random generator was, somewhat amusingly a PRNG would probably be more secure than a sound card or some actual noise source in this case though I guess there would be a reluctance to life pins/cut traces on the sound chip

Its alot simpler then that my friend. Our goal here isn't to decrypt the packet livetime. We sniff the session of one wondertrade and save the packets or in this case the single packet known as the pokemon packet. Now with that the salt has to be in this one packet as it can't be anywhere else, by getting the salt and allowing us to edit the pokemon packet, it allows for us to edit where it came from, which pokemon is in there, what time etc etc and all have clean checksum.

Even though its said that there is a chance that there are more needed packets to do so, it doesn't surprise me there are more packets that go through during a trade no idea what they do, but they do something.

But even so, if we can manage this it still is a step further forward then anyone else is making currently

Reactions: popeel1

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its alot simpler then that my friend. Our goal here isn't to decrypt the packet livetime. We sniff the session of one wondertrade and save the packets or in this case the single packet known as the pokemon packet. Now with that the salt has to be in this one packet as it can't be anywhere else, by getting the salt and allowing us to edit the pokemon packet, it allows for us to edit where it came from, which pokemon is in there, what time etc etc and all have clean checksum.

Even though its said that there is a chance that there are more needed packets to do so, it doesn't surprise me there are more packets that go through during a trade no idea what they do, but they do something.

But even so, if we can manage this it still is a step further forward then anyone else is making currently

There are people with kernel hax looking into the game's actual code to see how it handles trade/wondertrade packets, but I can't see them releasing it fully publicly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohhhhh