Pokemon XD gale of darkness

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm playing Pokemon XD gale of darkness on Wii U through Nintendont and I have lost shadow Pokemon 2 times now, can I stil capture it later?

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm playing Pokemon XD gale of darkness on Wii U through Nintendont and I have lost shadow Pokemon 2 times now, can I stil capture it later?
Yep; in case you accidentally knock out a Shadow Pokemon, the devs provided a fallback - after a bit, you'll reach the Cave Poke Spot, where you meet Miror B.
Defeat him, and you'll get the Miror Radar; if there's any Shadow Pokemon missed, the Radar will alert you randomly that he's at a Poke Spot or Colosseum, giving you another go at the Shadow. He'll keep occasionally popping up until all missed Shadows are caught.

It's more convenient than the solution Colosseum had - after beating the game, previous Cipher Peons would appear at Snagem Hideout, and keep spawning until their Shadow Pokemon was caught. This, of course, had the caveats that you needed to beat the game, and you didn't know where the Peons would spawn (since they pop out of the ceiling).

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That doesn't have any details about the bug; in fact, there's only one Colo/XD bug listed.
Is there a better link?
In short.

There's a glitch concerning Miror B's Shadow Voltorb. You have to catch it in the initial fight. If you don't, it won't reappear and you won't be able to get all 83 Shadow Pokemon.

Last edited by fmhugo,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In short.

There's a glitch concerning Miror B's Shadow Voltorb. You have to catch it in the initial fight. If you don't, it won't reappear and you won't be able to get all 83 Shadow Pokemon.
Wow, okay - never knew this before, despite playing XD quite a few times. I always made sure to save and catch all Shadows, and only move on and save after doing so.
That's unintentionally harsh - it's quite similar to Gen 3's roaming-Roar bug (where if a roamer, like FRLG's Entei and Raikou, used Roar they'd permanently vanish due to mistaken flag activation), I feel.

And to think that missing this Voltorb would lock you out of another Pokemon later on, too...oof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol