Gaming Pokkén Tournament demo out now on the Japanese eShop

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,136
  • Replies 8
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Kinda fun but already had my go at it with the WiiU version and didn't hugely enjoyed it all that much so the demo will be enough. Pokkén is by no means a replacement for Tekken on the Switch though some may think so.

As in graphical improvement, I suppose it has been but looks more or less the same to me as it were on the WiiU, it's another one of those cases like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Kart 8 it can look better but only if you look close enough.

A bitsy important none: The demo has a 15 limit use but there's a way you can get around it. Read it here. Credits to Nintendo Everything.

@jt_1258 you asked.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Why limit users like that? It's a fucking Demo, let users play it to their hearts content. Stupid Nintendo being Stupid yet again.
Well, they want the customers to buy the game but implementing these limits can be a deal-breaker as a first impression.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First time trying the game, I have very mixed feelings about this game.

Combat feels stiff and very basic even when compared to the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series.

Phase shift over complicates things but not in a good way, roster is very limited even though each and every Pokemon in the Demo plays and feels uniquely different.

In fact I feels ARMS has more fluidity and better strategy planning when compared to Pokken DX, the thing that don't like about ARMS is they over complicated the input mapping on the Pro Controller otherwise I feel ARMS is the better game gameplay wise.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
First time trying the game, I have very mixed feelings about this game.

Combat feels stiff and very basic even when compared to the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series.

Phase shift over complicates things but not in a good way, roster is very limited even though each and every Pokemon in the Demo plays and feels uniquely different.

In fact I feels ARMS has more fluidity and better strategy planning when compared to Pokken DX, the thing that don't like about ARMS is they over complicated the input mapping on the Pro Controller otherwise I feel ARMS is the better game gameplay wise.
And that's what Pokkén's gameplay is all about. It can be fun but once you realise that the gameplay is sort of Rock/Paper/Scissor in 2D and 3D there isn't a whole lot to expect from it.

I'm going to get Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 (it plays a lot like ARMS) instead because while that's a button masher it doesn't force players into R/P/S situations unnecessarily.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Going to wait for Super Smash Bros. for the Switch, it's all but officially confirmed by Nintendo at this point...the only question that remains now is when's the release date in 2018?

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001