Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I am quite excited for it. Plus we got a large starting library of games as well so that is a bonus. :) #ZeldaHype

Large starting library of games? You being sarcastic? There's five. 1-2 Switch, Bomberman R, Zelda: BotW, Just Dance 2017, and Skylanders: Imagineers.

Reactions: WiiuGold

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Large starting library of games? You being sarcastic? There's five. 1-2 Switch, Bomberman R, Zelda: BotW, Just Dance 2017, and Skylanders: Imagineers.
Launch (March 3):

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
  • I Am Setsuna
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris S
  • Disgaea 5
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power Up Kit
  • Super Bomberman R
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
  • Snipperclips
  • 1-2-Switch
that is JPN lineup he is talking about

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch (March 3):

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
  • I Am Setsuna
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris S
  • Disgaea 5
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power Up Kit
  • Super Bomberman R
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
  • Snipperclips
  • 1-2-Switch
that is JPN lineup he is talking about

Nah. Read a couple of posts up. Dude was being sarcastic. Also, I'm pretty sure that some of those titles are slated for March release but not launch titles. I believe the Japanese lineup is 7 games.

Reactions: Deleted User

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I've criticized the Switch enough already but there's one thing I love about it. We finally get a more powerful handheld than Sony. :)

This makes the fanboy in me very happy indeed. Even the notorious Sony fanboy haven Neogaf is calling it "the spiritual successor to the Vita", hehe. :D

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem with having an SKU without a gamepad is that it would have removed one of the biggest features they were pushing for, and it might have divided developers since the gamepad couldn't be assumed. With Switch however, I could definitely see them doing dockless version with the Joy-Cons built-in, depending on how reception ends up being with games that utilize the multiplayer aspect of Joy-Cons. It's weird because the Switch can easily replace their home console divison, but 3DS is still successful and selling right now so there's no telling if they'll end up tuning the Switch more to one side or the other later on.
The XBO's key features were supposed to be the Kinect 2.0 and TV connectivity, shifting focus away from them was the best thing Microsoft could've done though. The new XBO S doesn't even have a Kinect port, it needs a special pass-through to connect one to the system, clearly dumping a key feature didn't hurt them in the long run. 99% of the time the Game Pad didn't add anything to the experience besides a map, it was clearly a useless accessory.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Microsoft is a good example of a company that while hated by many, listens to customers. I remember how strong the voices were when back in the day, they wanted to release it as a grand media center, with kinect being required and their system of games where you would not be able to resell them or trade them, killing the second hand games business.

They realised these are serious issues and rectified them. The xbox one is my least played console, but i can only tip my hat to them for at least listening to their customers. Nintendo is playing a really big gamble here, unless they have hidden aces up their sleeves. If it plays well they are looking into a money printing machine, play it wrong and you are probably dead.

Reactions: DrkBeam

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just the "d-pad" that's a problem but the analogue stick on it too. As for how comfortable, well, that's for one to decide when he/she tries it out. For me it's anything but comfortable.
I printed out some joy-con with my 3d printer.
And holding them both, I like the R-con sideways better then the L-con. Yes the analog stick is more center on the R-con but it just feels better sideway for games like mario kart.

but as a normal controller with the grip it seems fine. Its a big small but for me it will work.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I printed out some joy-con with my 3d printer.
And holding them both, I like the R-con sideways better then the L-con. Yes the analog stick is more center on the R-con but it just feels better sideway for games like mario kart.

but as a normal controller with the grip it seems fine. Its a big small but for me it will work.
You printed with a 3D printer? Well, okay but that's not the authentic product, it's close to.

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
OooooooooK... the first shop in my country opens the pre-orders... almost USD $530... fuck you shops!
It's the NES classic mini all over again, here they sell it at USD $120, and stills sold-out...

I think the chileans are so, so stupids :(

Reactions: Dav_Dabz

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charging for the online and giving away emulator roms? This is going to flop hard. The least they could do was give away wii u titles monthly.
"emulator roms"? lolwut. What do you think is on a legit NES cartridge's chip? or were you just pooing on the idea of paying anything at all for digital downloads of older games?

Last edited by osaka35,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo's black vans are coming for you :P
lol, im not the first to print one so i doubt that.
If the buttons and sticks are slightly larger than 3DS XL that's perfect IMO.
Yea its bigger. Check my theard https://gbatemp.net/threads/3d-printed-joy-cons.457748/#post-7029717 and ask questions there ill post more pictures if need.
Some people will fuss because its not the real thing but its a scale model. Which is more of less what nintendo use before putting in the order to make them.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
"emulator roms"? lolwut. What do you think is on a legit NES cartridge's chip? or were you just pooing on the idea of paying anything at all for digital downloads of older games?

I think he was just saying that, in his opinion, a monthly rental of a emulator ROM doesn't justify charging for online facilities

Reactions: netovsk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1