Gaming Possibility of new hacks with new update.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
What update would this be?

Well, I going to take a guess, and say the "New" upcoming update that allows you to use a USB HDD, as a valid XBOX360 hard drive. (For saves, videos, and such.)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotnuale000 said:
probably be able to rip full games from the internet and play them from the flash drive maybe?

Might be a little hard, considering the max partion you can use is 16 GB's. Might be enough for 3-4 games at max.

hotnuale000

Brony
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora1234 said:
hotnuale000 said:
probably be able to rip full games from the internet and play them from the flash drive maybe?

Might be a little hard, considering the max partion you can use is 16 GB's. Might be enough for 3-4 games at max.

probably but you never know. things can be done with time & effort

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
We can all hope for something cool to come out of it, but in reality it most likely won't let you install a game to the flash drive. I can see them locking out whatever they don't want easilly. They will probably only let saves and profiles be transfered to and from it although it's all speculation for now.

On another note, they might be adding on some new anti-piracy things with this update as well. I really hope not but it is a strong possibility.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
petspaps said:
Sefi said:
On another note, they might be adding on some new anti-piracy things with this update as well. I really hope not but it is a strong possibility.

How badly would that screw us up. Maybe a new detection for flashed XBox's.

whatever they add, i hope they don't ban flagged 360's that haven't been on live since last years bannings. That would just suck. Still there is no logical way for me getting this update on the flagged box (since im never going on live with it) chances though they will include this update on games and such.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I fail to see how it would be any different from the memory cards and hard drives we have had full access to for years now. Of course of MS want to add a new bug to their update then I am all for that.

It does not change much for JTAG users either (beyond possibly needing a rebooter update).

@Maz7006 you can do an offline update: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...stemupdates.htm and new games (wave 7) will have said updates burned into them.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
@Maz7006 you can do an offline update: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...stemupdates.htm and new games (wave 7) will have said updates burned into them.

i am aware of that FAST. Just have this speculation that maybe Microsoft wish to hit the remaining few that have flagged 360's , even if you update offline. I know it sounds crazy, but somewhat paranoid.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora1234 said:
Brian117 said:
What update would this be?

Well, I going to take a guess, and say the "New" upcoming update that allows you to use a USB HDD, as a valid XBOX360 hard drive. (For saves, videos, and such.)

Ah. Could be. I totally forgot about that release.

Guess it will be pointless for me as I've never owned an HDD, nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon. My 120GB HD is doing me just fine.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this update at for my xbox at 645am (est). Everything that can be saved on the 360 overpirced, drive can be saved on flash with the exception of music!

When installing, the 360 restarts. than installs continues for 3 mins. All the console settings went back to default! So far I have not noticed much of a change. I did notice my dvd drive no longer random opens when i shut the console down. So one improvment so far lol.

I don't have a transfer kit, so i can't install the 360 MU/HDD drivers. But acording to TUT, it wouldn't matter right now. Currantly there is no way to read the hidden files on the USB drive created by the 360.

Acording to some members of the modding world, those who have been reported for possible XBlive violations got the updates around 3am. Not just those who have been flagged my microsoft, but those who have been reported by other xblive users for bad behavor and the alike.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3