Possible ban? (Error Code: 2146-4618)

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since whenever, I have yet to be banned so I think I'm good.

Before you get confused or about to ask:
I own Mario Kart 8 and Pokemon Violet as game cartridges. I own another Pokemon Violet oof i don't actually Animal Crossing from Nintendo eShop.
Yes, I'm still able to access to the Nintendo Shop.
I did not upload any major games .nsp files at this time but the Mario Kart's latest DLC for the new tracks.
Update: I think the CFW had an Pokemon Violet as .nsp but that was moons ago. I only have it as a cartridge.

--

So I searched up the error code it up and it lead to numerous conclusion: Ban or ROM error.
I need a better defined answers. Reddit screams out BANNED, which I might assume.

--

According to this post: It's a ROM failure.

I reinstalled Animal Crossing and it the error doesn't go away. I checked eShop Violet and it was the same outcome. (Not going to lie, I didn't redownload the game through the stock, so let me know should I try that.)

I checked my stock Switch and it turned out I can still connect my eShop Animal Crossing (something is wrong with local tho) online. I didn't download the eShop Pokemon Violet so I immediately went and check my game cartridges. It turns out that they can connect online just fine. I revisit the CFW and they, too can connect to the internet by using the cartridge.

--

According to another post: It's related to possible Atmosphere update.

And honestly, I'm not sure if I am. I downloaded the latest one (October 12 build) to no avail to by-pass the error.

--

My only speculation that this happened to get 'banned' or became limited was because I uploaded Mario Kart's latest DLC with the new map through Awoo. But I was playing it offline. Only onlines I played was Pokemon S/V with my husbsand using the eShop game. But I haven't played S/V for almost... a week now, if not more.

Could my CFW got *banned* with limited access while my stock is okay? Feel free to drop me the bomb.

If it looks like I'm missing more than just an Atmosphere update, feel free to drop me links. I made sure I grabbed the necessary file.

Last edited by FantasyYeri,
Solution
Hello! Sorry for my lack of English ;c

1) Was playing Pokemon Violet with my husband online to poke some Shinies
2) Stopped playing Pokemon for a week (or two)
3) Few days ago recently installed Mario Kart 8's DLC .nsp
4) Began grabbing some Animal Crossing codes into the Switch
5) Fixed Tesla HUD and began disable cheats automatic
6) Game began to have some sort of corruption so I back-up files
Which NAND did you use when you perform above Step?
If it's SysNAND, the percentage of Ban is really high.
Among those thread, this article somehow is like your situation. And in the end, her switch is banned.

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You are not banned, wenn your stock still work normally. Must be another problem.

But i wouldn't go online without an Emunand and incognito or similar.
When you install nsps.

Edit:
maybe i misread it. do you have two switches? Or do you boot in stock and sysnand?

if you have two different switches, one can be banned if you installed an nsp months ago. the ban is console based not account based.

Last edited by swutch,

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not banned, wenn your stock still work normally. Must be another problem.

But i wouldn't go online without an Emunand and incognito or similar.
When you install nsps.

Edit:
maybe i misread it. do you have two switches? Or do you boot in stock and sysnand?

if you have two different switches, one can be banned if you installed an nsp months ago. the ban is console based not account based.

I tested 1 switch using the CFW and Stock.

As posted above, it appears like whatever I do, I can't seem to find a way to fix the situation. I used the 90DNS and the lan situation still seems to have communication error. If anyone who is currently playing Animal Crossing please let me know if you're experiencing the same! I have a feeling I might have to get a physical copy for this. :c

Over the past few hours it appears like I'm still safe.

I don't know what I can do to resolve this. All I know is that this week I did were:

Not sure does it have to do with me not having the same save data? I'm not sure... All those that I searched didn't seem to have any sort of resolution to solve.

I appreciate those who offers help! I shall rest now. I will still pick up a physical copy starting tomorrow.

I want to reach out to Nintendo but I have a feeling that'd be a bad idea LMAO

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country

Among those thread, this article somehow is like your situation. And in the end, her switch is banned.

Solution

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Before you get confused or about to ask:
I own Mario Kart 8 and Pokemon Violet as game cartridges. I own another Pokemon Violet oof i don't actually Animal Crossing from Nintendo eShop.
Yes, I'm still able to access to the Nintendo Shop.
I did not upload any major games .nsp files at this time but the Mario Kart's latest DLC for the new tracks.
Update: I think the CFW had an Pokemon Violet as .nsp but that was moons ago. I only have it as a cartridge.

--

So I searched up the error code it up and it lead to numerous conclusion: Ban or ROM error.
I need a better defined answers. Reddit screams out BANNED, which I might assume.

--

According to this post: It's a ROM failure.

I reinstalled Animal Crossing and it the error doesn't go away. I checked eShop Violet and it was the same outcome. (Not going to lie, I didn't redownload the game through the stock, so let me know should I try that.)

I checked my stock Switch and it turned out I can still connect my eShop Animal Crossing (something is wrong with local tho) online. I didn't download the eShop Pokemon Violet so I immediately went and check my game cartridges. It turns out that they can connect online just fine. I revisit the CFW and they, too can connect to the internet by using the cartridge.

--

According to another post: It's related to possible Atmosphere update.

And honestly, I'm not sure if I am. I downloaded the latest one (October 12 build) to no avail to by-pass the error.

--

My only speculation that this happened to get 'banned' or became limited was because I uploaded Mario Kart's latest DLC with the new map through Awoo. But I was playing it offline. Only onlines I played was Pokemon S/V with my husbsand using the eShop game. But I haven't played S/V for almost... a week now, if not more.

Could my CFW got *banned* with limited access while my stock is okay? Feel free to drop me the bomb.

If it looks like I'm missing more than just an Atmosphere update, feel free to drop me links. I made sure I grabbed the necessary file.
Going online in CFW with installed nsps is asking to get banned, it doesn't matter if you're playing legitimately owned games or not, you're lucky you aren't banned yet.

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh if I can be honest-it was through just the Emu-something (forgot name><)/Atmosphere CFW, not Sysnand.

How I played it was the obvious-played it with the CFW a whole month. My fault. I didn't really have the quality time to do what people recommended because of work and FFXIV stuff ^^;

I won't pull hairs to look into this honestly as I was thinking about getting an OLED (ofc no hack, plain vanilla). I'll accept it is a ban because Animal Crossing isn't meant to be online anyways. I'll update if I'm finally banned later the week. XD

Though I have to see what's wrong going offline/local because the error persists, yet forums said Nintendo don't moderate offline stuff. Like, it's okay for me, CFW** can have guests but I can't go out to visit them. The original Nintendo is fine both ways.

Going online in CFW with installed nsps is asking to get banned, it doesn't matter if you're playing legitimately owned games or not, you're lucky you aren't banned yet.
I'm impressed for myself too. I think since Pokemon S/V came out was the day I hacked my Switch. Almost a month.

Thank you all ^^

Last edited by FantasyYeri,
Reactions: SylverReZ

FantasyYeri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going online even if you have a SysNAND or EmuNAND on CFW is one way to get a hefty death sentence to your console from ever using online services again, not without buying another console.
Yeah! I'll take this as a lesson and will spend better time if I decide to hack again on another Switch. I'm not moping about this loss. Thank you! ^^

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sad thing is that banning a console, without banning the account as well, doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, because you're still getting thousands of dollars of free games, when you really only need a couple hundred dollars for a new tablet.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sad thing is that banning a console, without banning the account as well, doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, because you're still getting thousands of dollars of free games, when you really only need a couple hundred dollars for a new tablet.

I mean that how they get people to spend $300+ on another switch, without banning their account lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean that how they get people to spend $300+ on another switch, without banning their account lol.
a few hundred dollars compared with thousands of dollars worth of games? it's really a slap on the wrist. I just got into getting trophies on the playstation, and I figured that comparatively minded people wouldn't even hack their systems if there was an achievement system and no way to sync their progress. I know that's not for everyone, but I've read countless posts about people asking if they can sync achievements/trophies, mostly on playstation. imagine that account getting banned. it might be a stronger deterrent.

Reactions: impeeza

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few hundred dollars compared with thousands of dollars worth of games? it's really a slap on the wrist. I just got into getting trophies on the playstation, and I figured that comparatively minded people wouldn't even hack their systems if there was an achievement system and no way to sync their progress. I know that's not for everyone, but I've read countless posts about people asking if they can sync achievements/trophies, mostly on playstation. imagine that account getting banned. it might be a stronger deterrent.

Nintendo would want people to spend money, If people did a chargeback then obviously what they be getting is an account ban instead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but would that actually convince people not to hack their console? it's like being a drug dealer, where you get arrested for selling, but the amount of money you make is so great that it's worth it to continue selling.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but would that actually convince people not to hack their console? it's like being a drug dealer, where you get arrested for selling, but the amount of money you make is so great that it's worth it to continue selling.

It depends on the person. I mean I do both I buy games from Nintendo only for the studio I want to support, and I also pirated Switch games so I am equally bad as if I am considering good lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the person. I mean I do both I buy games from Nintendo only for the studio I want to support, and I also pirated Switch games so I am equally bad as if I am considering good lol.
I downloaded all games I own, and only those games. I think not all dlc I own has been dumped. since I'm all digital, I wanted to preserve my gaming library without getting into trouble. I have over a TB of games too, so I used the groups feature and two micro sd cards in alphabetical order to get everything. I can't think of another switch game I'll get, but since the ps5 is now my main, it will likely be like the xbox, for exclusives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1