Hacking Question Possible noob question: does SX Pro need SX OS?

Funnymouth659

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This may be obvious for some but I couldn't find a direct confirmation from any forum member or the team xcuter site.
If I understand well, buying only the SX OS will give me a payload and a license, so I can upload it to the switch with my premade jig via pc.
Is there anything in that dongle in the SX Pro kit, that will prevent me from doing that? Because I don't need the tools for loading the payload for the extra price, and don't need to wait for a package, if it's working this way.

D

Deleted-442439

SX Pro is just a overpriced microcontroller with batteries that injects a Fusee Gelee payload.

If u actually buy the OS all u need is Tegrarcmsmash / Fusee launcher / LoaderNX etc. To launch the CFW like u do with Hekate / Atmosphere etc.

Reactions: Funnymouth659

Funnymouth659

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Nevermind, I actually just found in the FAQ, sorry!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SX Pro is just a overpriced microcontroller with batteries that injects a Fusee Gelee payload.

If u actually buy the OS all u need is Tegrarcmsmash / Fusee launcher / LoaderNX etc. To launch the CFW like u do with Hekate / Atmosphere etc.

However, thx for the quick reply. :)

MightyMoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

I wouldn't say 10$ is overpriced.. Unless you're buying from a shitty reseller who jacked up the price to 60$

Funnymouth659

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What did it say in the FAQ?

• Q: What do I need if I only buy SX OS?
    A:
    We strongly recommend buying SX Pro for the ease of use and safely streamlined procedure. That being said, SX OS standalone can be launched from Windows using TegraRcmGUI (TegraRcmSmash) or from NXLoader on android (with a USB-otg adapter).
    We offer support & warranty on your devices, please note any issues you face by errors/misuse of other methods will not be covered by our warranty.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's no batteries, stop spreading misinformational fiction, Mr. "Degrades the SoC" lol

D

Deleted-442439

There's no batteries, stop spreading misinformational fiction, Mr. "Degrades the SoC" lol

I dont think most people know the difference between a supercapacitor and normal battery, but if you insist: It uses supercapacitors

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think most people know the difference between a supercapacitor and normal battery, but if you insist: It uses supercapacitors
You also thought that a software tweak could "degrade" a system on a chip, whatever that means. Be precise, or be silent. Thanks.

Reactions: nachuz
D

Deleted-442439

You also thought that a software tweak could "degrade" a system on a chip, whatever that means. Be precise, or be silent. Thanks.

The rail voltages are software controlled, if improperly configured it can degrade the SoC, Nintendo did however not follow Nvidias documentation, so that is where the confusion came in.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rail voltages are software controlled, if improperly configured it can degrade the SoC, Nintendo did however not follow Nvidias documentation, so that is where the confusion came in.
You stand on the shoulders of giants, and screech very loudly.

Reactions: Zaide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.