Hacking Possible Sea of Theaves modding?

CarbonZuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So found a thread regarding fallout shelter modding. Was wondering if anyone has tried modding their saves from Xbox to PC using that method to get save onto your PC? Going to try in a bit once game has downloaded and see if i can edit the saves. Not sure if there’s any encryption keys on the files or not.

Tried doing this myself and believe I found the location of my gold value in Hex editor in a file. Tried editing it to see if it would stick but didn't change my in game gold to 99,999 so I believe either the real value is stored via server or there has to be a checksum of some sort on the file.

after windows + r to find appdata go to \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache and select file with a15_0_2.bin

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So found a thread regarding fallout shelter modding. Was wondering if anyone has tried modding their saves from Xbox to PC using that method to get save onto your PC? Going to try in a bit once game has downloaded and see if i can edit the saves. Not sure if there’s any encryption keys on the files or not.

Tried doing this myself and believe I found the location of my gold value in Hex editor in a file. Tried editing it to see if it would stick but didn't change my in game gold to 99,999 so I believe either the real value is stored via server or there has to be a checksum of some sort on the file.

after windows + r to find appdata go to \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache and select file with a15_0_2.bin
Sea of Thieves is an online-only game, and I doubt Rare would be stupid enough to store saves exclusively on players' PCs.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

if the game save is stored on rare servers then your best hope is to try ram editing your save and trying to get it to work like that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: