• Views 33,744
  • Replies 89
  • Likes 5

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you plan to translate PS2 or PSP version? I asking, since I recently played in PSP version (with ISO), and the game freezes in one place on both real PSP and emulator, and not only for me (look at http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3264 ). So... if you plan to translate it, this problem also needs to be solved...

It seems it freezes on a certain point. After chapter 10?

I already finished Summon night 5, but the game still freezes whenever i check illustrations (Gallery Menu - first box )
Most of the initial illustrations are fine (the drawings of characters won thorough the game) but when you reach "animecuts" sections, ppsspp will freeze and eventually crash this happens in Animecut 05 and some others.
I dunno if it's just me or it's a major problems, i'd really appreciate it if you can check wether you have the same problem.

To some point, this is not a "major" crash in this game, the problem is Summon Night 4 and 3

Summon Night 4 is not playable, once you reach Chapter 10 Passing Pain, you won't be able to do anything, as the game crashes after you beat Arueli's (or w/e her name is) brother, and he calls that Hagure lion, the game crashes while trying to load the illustration <since both SN4 and 3 generates illustrations as you go on, for example, in the start of Summon Night 4, the illustration where the dragon you chose is asleep) I dunno which illustration it is, but in chapter 10, it does not load, and ppsspp crashes.

i61.tinypic.com/2vmsn7q.jpg (add http://)

Right after this, the game is unplayable. (this might spawn a similar problem in SN3)
I dunno if it's just me, this is a report as well as seeking help from my part.

those messages are from a year ago, maybe they were solved?

Eity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems it freezes on a certain point. After chapter 10?
Yes, it is right after battle, in dialogs, when that beast king appears. If anybody want, I can upload my save near that place.
I dunno if it's just me or it's a major problems, i'd really appreciate it if you can check wether you have the same problem.
I did not yet played SN5, so I can't check now. But I plan to play SN3 & 5 sometime if future.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, it is right after battle, in dialogs, when that beast king appears. If anybody want, I can upload my save near that place.

oops, disregard my old post, seems it still happens.

That's too bad. So as far as things goes, only 3 and 4 have the game-breaking bug, whereas SN5 does not seem to have them anymore

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I suspect either an emulator issue or that whatever you're playing is a bad dump (yes, it happens).

Oh, and I found this:

tumblr_ms4c1sFjnr1r4hxbno1_500.png

Reactions: Pablitox

Eity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect either an emulator issue or that whatever you're playing is a bad dump (yes, it happens).
Since it is also on real PSP too, it is not only emulator issue. I also think, that it may be bad dump.... But I yet to see any good ones...

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Since it is also on real PSP too, it is not only emulator issue. I also think, that it may be bad dump.... But I yet to see any good ones...

Off topic: Here's a tip for you.
If you want to reply someone's answer then click the Reply button in the right down side of the post, and not the quote button

2a50cec5cd.png

Reactions: Hargrun

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Technically, the translation team could make an ISO rip themselves of a working PSN/UMD they bought off PSN fairly easy, and work on that one - instead of relying on dumps of dubious quality.

Anyhow, it would be really helpful Eity if you uploaded that save you have with you, just so that more people verify if the problem can be reproduced with their copies.

I have a real PSP and I plan on getting this game so I'd like to try this "glitch" out.

Eity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic: Here's a tip for you.
If you want to reply someone's answer then click the Reply button in the right down side of the post, and not the quote button

2a50cec5cd.png
Ok, thanks. I just get used to simple copy\paste - QUOTE teg :)

Technically, the translation team could make an ISO rip themselves of a working PSN/UMD they bought off PSN fairly easy, and work on that one - instead of relying on dumps of dubious quality.

Anyhow, it would be really helpful Eity if you uploaded that save you have with you, just so that more people verify if the problem can be reproduced with their copies.

I have a real PSP and I plan on getting this game so I'd like to try it out.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/r3mqsc - here it is. After load, exit home & city, and get to Event battle. After you win it (use some additional characters I have 3 of them on high level, switch with R or mb L on character selection in battle menue) game will freeze shortly on dialog.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, thanks. I just get used to simple copy\paste - QUOTE teg :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/r3mqsc - here it is. After load, exit home & city, and get to Event battle. After you win it (use some additional characters I have 3 of them on high level, switch with R or mb L on character selection in battle menue) game will freeze shortly on dialog.

Have the rom, so gonna test it right now.

D

Deleted User

OP
instead of relying on dumps of dubious quality.
There's no such a thing as "dumps of dubious quality"you either have the correct dump or you don't. Those are the only 2 options.
You only need to check the ISO CRC32 and compare it with any online PSP database, process that takes 2 minutes.
http://www.advanscene.com/
http://datomatic.no-intro.org/
http://renascene.com/

BTW dumping it yourself doesn't guarantee a correct dump at all you would still need to do the check afterwards.
Instead of spreading fear of dubious quality dumps why not teach a proper way to be certain the dump is bad or good and end all doubts.

D

Deleted User

OP

I have the actual physical copy of the game, but I don't know if that helps.

EDIT: Actually, both Fair and Ray's names might be spelled that way deliberately. In the very least, fans have noticed something: フェアとライの名前を足すとフェアリー。微妙すぎるネタバレである。Though I personally always misremember Ray's name as 'Rai' 'cause of the dad.

That's an interesting bit of trivia that I hadn't heard before. Still doesn't quite make sense because neither "Rai" nor "Ray" becomes "Ri." Something could be done to try and recreate that in English, perhaps. I always pronounced his name "Rai" because that's how the characters actually say his name!! lol "Ray" sounds so incredibly odd to me after playing through the whole game with it not pronounced like that.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the actual physical copy of the game, but I don't know if that helps.

That's an interesting bit of trivia that I hadn't heard before. Still doesn't quite make sense because neither "Rai" nor "Ray" becomes "Ri." Something could be done to try and recreate that in English, perhaps. I always pronounced his name "Rai" because that's how the characters actually say his name!! lol "Ray" sounds so incredibly odd to me after playing through the whole game with it not pronounced like that.

Like I said, it's probably pronounced that way because of the dad. Kentarou might be a bum, but he's probably still attached to his old world in little ways; you can see it from the sorts of foods he fed his kids.

The chapter 10 freeze is a legit bug that happens. Just skip through the scene where Juoh appears. Just a few lines should do it. This bug even happens if you play the PSN version on the Vita. Other bugs: http://sn4psp.gcwiki.info/?%A5%D0%A5%B0%A1%A6%C9%D4%B6%F1%B9%E7

Ah, yes. SN3's karma ending's 'die' spam. It's supposed to be a heartbreaking moment that illustrates that the main character's been basically completely taken over. Instead, it's just kinda hilarious.

I wish SN4 had a karma ending. The setup is perfect for one, but there isn't one. This is why people considered SN4 the black sheep of main SNs until SN5 happened. No karma ending. A protagonist who can't form contracts. A cast full of lolicons. Shotacons too, thinking about it. The most obnoxious crying at the end of the game. You occasionally get the feeling that they just hashed out a framework to stick in cameos to give a sense of completion, a bunch of epilogues to the other three games, the inclusion of which occasionally interrupt the flow of the main narrative. Though it's still a fun game.

Reactions: GHANMI and Pablitox
D

Deleted User

OP
The chapter 10 freeze is a legit bug that happens. Just skip through the scene where Juoh appears. Just a few lines should do it. This bug even happens if you play the PSN version on the Vita.

That seems like a pretty easy fix then, lol. Tell everyone to save right before the final blow and then skip through the scene like it says in the wiki.

Reactions: GHANMI and Pablitox

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it was one of those ISOs pre-patched to work with an earlier CWF version, but broken on higher versions. My bad :P
It could be interesting to look into said event and try to restore it. I'll try seeing where it crashes exactly.
And wow at all of those crash bugs (not only episode 10, but 9 as well )
Seems like they didn't even try when porting this from PS2 to PSP :/

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's no such a thing as "dumps of dubious quality"you either have the correct dump or you don't.
Yes, there is. But Summon Night 4 isn't one of these games.

Dubious = You aren't sure. These databases aren't complete, so if you own a dump of a game that was never checked it fits into this category perfectly.

About these bugs... Does anyone think to put notes about them during the translation process? I mean, something like the warnings from Tactics Ogre: LUCTthat prevent (or at least should) players from getting stuck.

Short example: "(Note: Save here to avoid a big headache later.)"

D

Deleted User

OP
Short example: "(Note: Save here to avoid a big headache later.)"

That's what I was thinking of---if it can't be fixed, then we could just stick in a little note right before the battle or something to save, and then after the battle but before the image comes up to skip through the beginning of the convo.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was one of those ISOs pre-patched to work with an earlier CWF version, but broken on higher versions. My bad :P
It could be interesting to look into said event and try to restore it. I'll try seeing where it crashes exactly.
And wow at all of those crash bugs (not only episode 10, but 9 as well )
Seems like they didn't even try when porting this from PS2 to PSP :/

The crash in chapter 10's the only one I encountered in three full playthroughs, so.

Including the port fixed a lot of stuff re: how armor and cooking worked, as well as included new portraits for night conversations since fans complained about how they weren't in first person perspective anymore. The PS2 version had irritating features you had to deal with the entire game. The PSP version has some serious crash bugs, but most of them can be avoided and the unavoidable can be literally easily skipped. Including, the CGs are nice though the NG+ exclusive one looks a bit wonky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!