PS1/2 Possible to fix certain games that don't work with ESR?

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I have both Gitaroo Man and PaRappa The Rapper 2 but they don't work with ESR, either one gives a black screen or the other has sound issues and crashes.

I can't play my own copies due to them being scratched up and I got no other option.

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't know about OPL with the USB option and using the HDD option still requires me to get a few things.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Are you patching the ISO files with ESR Patcher?

ESR requires you do to that in order for games to load properly

If you are patching and they still dont work I dunno. I have little experience with ESR

Last edited by TunaKetchup,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parappa 2 only works through external hard drive using OPL. Your options are use a hard drive to play it or re-buy the game.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Are you patching the ISO files with ESR Patcher?

ESR requires you do to that in order for games to load properly

If you are patching and they still dont work I dunno. I have little experience with ESR

bro yeah, of course

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try with the different version of ESR
send a link if you can?

MKFeras

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't know about OPL with the USB option and using the HDD option still requires me to get a few things.
sorry for the late response but its possible to play parappa the rapper 2 off of a usb using op, but it must be opl version 1.00 (for people that are struggling to run parappa the rapper 2 on OPL)

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a compatible PS2 you can use mechapwn to run masterdisc burns (or unmodified burns if you use the more drastic "forcd unlock" mode, both of which supposedly have full game compatibility. Alternatively you can resurface the disc (manually, or you can go to a shop (e.g. a game shop) that has a machine, although those machines can potentially be be a bit overkill and put small fractures in the disc's transparent plastic part).

Or at least that's what I'm told.

BigMane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hey everyone, since then I've gotten a FAT PS2 with a modchip installed and freehdboot, everything runs pretty fine but the only problem I have is that some games like Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank etc wont play at all of the hard drive, some do.

They are EU dumps but I did also try US ones because of 60hz obviously, no bad dumps at all but I just get a black screen using OPL or whatever else was suggested to me.

Can anyone help me out on this? I've tried erasing the HDD and reinstalling everything pretty much from scratch with no luck, doubt it's the PS2 itself...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what model do you have if it's a fat i recommend a hdd adapter (sata prefered) the go for around $20 on ebay/amazon and their compatibility with OPL is in the 80-90% range you can even play PAL//NTSC-J iso's directly from the drive don't forget though the hdd limit is 2TB because of MBR also it's recommended to format your hdd using the PS2 itself wlaunchelf/Ulaunchelf can do that (go to misc-----> hddmanager when i loads your drive hit R1 and select format)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow