Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
And your problem is you installed Ultimate. That's full of a ton of features you'll probably never use, especially on a netbook.
Not really, the main problem would definitely be that I installed 7 (it wasn't for me to use though). Ultimate supports group policies and better RDS, both were wanted.

7 is full of a ton of features you'll never use, apart from an UI you can set up in a few minutes in XP there's no benefit of using it over XP unless you're using new hardware (which you aren't on a netbook or P4 1GB desktop).

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mazor said:
_Chaz_ said:
And your problem is you installed Ultimate. That's full of a ton of features you'll probably never use, especially on a netbook.
Not really, the main problem would definitely be that I installed 7 (it wasn't for me to use though). Ultimate supports group policies and better RDS, both were wanted.

7 is full of a ton of features you'll never use, apart from an UI you can set up in a few minutes in XP there's no benefit of using it over XP unless you're using new hardware (which you aren't on a netbook or P4 1GB desktop).
If you can't run both Windows 7 and Firefox on a netbook with 1GB of RAM, then either you did something wrong or you need to disable Aero (probably a good idea anyway).

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Mazor said:
_Chaz_ said:

If you can't run both Windows 7 and Firefox on a netbook with 1GB of RAM, then either you did something wrong or you need to disable Aero (probably a good idea anyway).

while i agree with everything you've said so far this aero thing is only true if you do not have a separate GPU, as that's what it runs from, (opposed to normal theme which runs off of CPU) so Aero actually speeds up your PC.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
_Chaz_ said:
Mazor said:
_Chaz_ said:

while i agree with everything you've said so far this aero thing is only true if you do not have a separate GPU, as that's what it runs from, (opposed to normal theme which runs off of CPU) so Aero actually speeds up your PC.
But wouldn't that be the case on a netbook?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Wizerzak said:
_Chaz_ said:
Mazor said:
_Chaz_ said:

But wouldn't that be the case on a netbook?

oh, woops, didn't read the netbook part, lol. so yeah, it would be quicker.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen03.JPG

laugh.gif

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rowrowfightthepowah.png

Yes, that's the eyecatch right before

[title:DON'T OPEN UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED GURREN LAGANN]Kittan dies

EDIT: The "Sandbox" menu on the lower right corner contains Terraria, Minecraft and INVEdit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo