Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

NathanDuma

Trophies
XP
EoF is Edge of the Forum. It's a place where people can post pretty much whatever they want within the main rules. It's a place for bad jokes and crappy topics.
So then how was my post related to EoF? All I said that I tested it and it didn't work.
EDIT: Remove this post..

Gasmon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Wii key Fusion loads in gamecube mode to choose a game and then restarts with the loaded game, maybe the 3ds flashcart will load in ds mode and restart when you choose your game to load it. :wacko:

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Wii key Fusion loads in gamecube mode to choose a game and then restarts with the loaded game, maybe the 3ds flashcart will load in ds mode and restart when you choose your game to load it. :wacko:

Nintendo isn't dumb like some companies, exploits will not work twice, but good suggestion and worth trying once

Just a Game

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no hack experience, just an idea. I suppose that this theory must have been discussed many times before, but isn't the 3ds' greatest leak the fact that it can be updated using wlan? The signature of the next update, or of any update could maybe be found. If so, people could be able to send a fake update containing CF to hack the 3 ds coming from the nintendo server. Though, i would be surprised if Nintendo wouldn't had securised strongly updates. And then, i wonder if it wouldn't be easyer to try to get the different keys by hacking or leaking..

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The signature of the next update, or of any update could maybe be found.
And then, i wonder if it wouldn't be easyer to try to get the different keys by hacking or leaking..
Even if you find the signature it is worthless.
It depends on the signed content and gets invalid if that content is changed.

The signing key is not in the 3ds so hacking it is out of the question.
Only hacking nindendo itself would have a small chance.

Getting someone at nintendo to leak the key might take serios money since there is no reason to give many people access to it.
(I wonder what crowdfunding sites would say to collecting a 7-8 figure bribe, lol)

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The signature of the next update, or of any update could maybe be found.
And then, i wonder if it wouldn't be easyer to try to get the different keys by hacking or leaking..
Even if you find the signature it is worthless.
It depends on the signed content and gets invalid if that content is changed.

The signing key is not in the 3ds so hacking it is out of the question.
Only hacking nindendo itself would have a small chance.

Getting someone at nintendo to leak the key might take serios money since there is no reason to give many people access to it.
(I wonder what crownfunding sites would say to collecting a 7-8 figure bribe, lol)
it gonna take more than that

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Despite what others are saying, this does indeed make sense. A DS mode flashcard works fine on 3DS. So a card could boot like that and then switch to 3DS mode afterwards. But no one has publicly managed to create a card capable of booting in 3DS mode, even for a ROM. Plus none of that will help with homebrew, which if you ask me is what "hacking" the 3DS would mean.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm curious if an "Eye-fi" wireless SD card could somehow be hacked to act as a live interface between the 3DS and any wirelessly connected device.

packaging-buy-X2.png

http://gizmodo.com/eye_fi
Maybe you'd be able to peak at SD-card activity performed on the 3DS.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious if an "Eye-fi" wireless SD card could somehow be hacked to act as a live interface between the 3DS and any wirelessly connected device.
http://gizmodo.com/eye_fi
Maybe you'd be able to peak at SD-card activity performed on the 3DS.
nope. wouldn't work like that.

i am sure it comes with some form of driver or installer, so it would not even use the wireless stuff like it says in that page.

"It'll zap photos to and from your Android and iOS devices. Platforms: PC, Mac, iOS, Android"

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wifi element of the device will function fine. But it would be no use. All it would really mean would be an easier (but slower) way to access files on SD, rather than removing it and plugging it into a card reader.

Reactions: 1 person

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was thinking that with Pokemon Black V2 and White V2 there may be a way to hack the 3DS, since they have 3DS functions (like importing Pokemon from 3DSWare to the games).

Perhaps a ROM of those games in such a way could be modded so that it allows for the installation of a homebrew application that can be used in 3DS mode. Basically, you would need to replace the code in Black/White V2 that links to the 3DS stuff with something else. You'd talk to the person that would let you import from 3DSware, say yes, then application starts up.

I don't know if it's possible, but it may be worth looking into the DS 3DS cross functions the game has.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking that with Pokemon Black V2 and White V2 there may be a way to hack the 3DS, since they have 3DS functions (like importing Pokemon from 3DSWare to the games).

Perhaps a ROM of those games in such a way could be modded so that it allows for the installation of a homebrew application that can be used in 3DS mode. Basically, you would need to replace the code in Black/White V2 that links to the 3DS stuff with something else. You'd talk to the person that would let you import from 3DSware, say yes, then application starts up.

I don't know if it's possible, but it may be worth looking into the DS 3DS cross functions the game has.
One word: Encryption. I'm sure Ninty's thought of it all already. Though it does sound like a good idea....

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever thought of using the system transfer option to maybe get a hack going? I was wondering, since you can transfer all your apps(including ambassador games/status), would the 3ds be using a single key for all consoles or if it has different ones per hand held? If it has console specific ones, would it be decrypting them before sending them over the wifi to be re-encrypted using the other handhelds key? If the console specific keys is true, wouldn't it be easier to crack the wifi to get the decrypted files rather than trying to get the key it self? Or possibly uncovering the key being used?

AquaFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever thought of using the system transfer option to maybe get a hack going? I was wondering, since you can transfer all your apps(including ambassador games/status), would the 3ds be using a single key for all consoles or if it has different ones per hand held? If it has console specific ones, would it be decrypting them before sending them over the wifi to be re-encrypted using the other handhelds key? If the console specific keys is true, wouldn't it be easier to crack the wifi to get the decrypted files rather than trying to get the key it self? Or possibly uncovering the key being used?
Now that sounds like a good idea
The next question would be how do you go about decrypting said wifi area for file execration?

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...