somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
maybe if flash cards were made more like originals they would work?

For example a 1gb game on a 1gb card "so flash cards would come in a set of 4 or 5" im not sure what the sizes are available for them
but on GBA it was 8/16/32/64/128 (might not have been an 8, and there may have been a 256).

perhaps none of the old approaches will work, need to emulate the hardware better "based on 4.4.0-10 this is really something to consider"
If they can detect save IC chips, cmon, they can detect alot more.
maybe when the 3DS sees a 32GB storage area, sends a red flag? i dunno, grasping here, but the premise is valid.

Trying to find a polite way to tell you why this has nothing to do with it is making my brain hurt.
Then just say no and let them sort it out.
Anyway, that's basically like sayin "I can make X pirated game work on X system if I make sure the storage device I use is the exact size of a legit game." ...or some shit like that. The answer is no.

thats like... 25% of why I said it.
Besides, if the 3DS could detect the size of a microSD card of a flashcart from sysmenu, that'd be one hell of a hole to exploit.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To circulate a flashcard to play 3ds games, should at least spend some time .. It is not simple to hack all 3ds games etc... So patience
Not sure exactly what you meant, but that patience part...that's the key right there. It's a want and see game and not many ppl like playing.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem with most people here. If you've been following the thread at all, you'll find that a few ppl, myself included, have realized the new systems won't be hacked using methods from the past generation. Best to just sit back and watch what plays out. You may end up understanding a bit more too from reading explanations here that were posted by the few ppl that actually know their shit.

Reactions: 3 people

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the most stupid suggestion ever to be put on the thread, but would it work to have something like a site-wide fundraiser to raise the money to get a commercial development kit like what the game developers use to make retail 3DS games, and then use that equipment to build a flashcard? I mean, they've got to have the stuff to put the game data on a blank card in order to actually sell 3DS games, so it seems to me that it'd have the equipment or programming needed to put together a flashcard.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the most stupid suggestion ever to be put on the thread, but would it work to have something like a site-wide fundraiser to raise the money to get a commercial development kit like what the game developers use to make retail 3DS games, and then use that equipment to build a flashcard? I mean, they've got to have the stuff to put the game data on a blank card in order to actually sell 3DS games, so it seems to me that it'd have the equipment or programming needed to put together a flashcard.
Game developers don't make *retail* games, they can only make versions which only work on developer consoles. When they finish making their game, they send it to Nintendo, who manages all of the retail signing and encrypting for retail production. While developers can purchase flash carts, and equipment to write to flash carts, there is no way to run their own code on retail units because retail units use different keys to dev units. And if you wanted to flash retail ROMs to a flash cart, (lets say you got around all of the mechanisms which would be in place preventing it), running 1:1 copies of games is pointless, you might as well purchase the original cartridge.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are plenty of people with access to the dev kit, it is not useful for homebrew.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I began looking at open ports on the 3ds and noticed they were all blocked by a firewall. I wonder if spoofing Nintendo's ip and running the port scan again will help find network vulnribilities.

iHeartlessHero13

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I began looking at open ports on the 3ds and noticed they were all blocked by a firewall. I wonder if spoofing Nintendo's ip and running the port scan again will help find network vulnribilities.

I like this.. If someone can get a firmware dump on the 3ds.. Hack it to run unsigned code, spoof Nintendo's IP to upload it to the 3DS and bingo!!! The evolution of flashcarts and 3ds mode!

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I like this.. If someone can get a firmware dump on the 3ds.. Hack it to run unsigned code, spoof Nintendo's IP to upload it to the 3DS and bingo!!! The evolution of flashcarts and 3ds mode!
There is no way the ports could be exploitable
The thought that I had in mind is to find out what each port did, but the problem is you can't run a port scan without looking like Nintendo servers.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was a thread that listed the current "progress" of hacking the 3ds. like, this person just did this random hackey code thing! Which means, that he can .... etc. like, whatever happened to crown3ds? Did they just take the money and run?

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Not so much a theory, more of a heads up and I do not know how exploitable it is. But there is an application for 3ds called petit computer the description is as follows:
Petit Computer is an easy-to-use programming tool that lets you create everything from music, to images, to your very own original games using an adapted version of the classic BASIC programming language.

Seeing as you can create your own programs and such, wouldn't this allow you to run "unsigned" code via this application? Those who are good with pointers and such would be able to reveal memory locations and such from this if I am not mistaken....

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That code is probably run in a sandboxed emulator or engine.
Still, wouldn't it be worth a shot? I mean, most likely you are right, I know next to nothing about hacking, but still It would allow you to run code, and even if it is running in an emulator it wouldn't be the first time someone exploited a subsystem in a game/application

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be an ass, but no. You're basically coding inside a "game" made for tinkering with a limited version of basic.
If you succeeded in making some kind of exploit with petit computer, you would have successfully made a hack inside a game.
Good for you, but it would in no way lead to the 3ds being hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1