Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

mikey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a 3ds games out that uses the SDcard slot in a significant way? Cause possible that could be used to inject something into it but make it look like its just using the Sdcard for its regular gaming function.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
So is there a 3ds games out that uses the SDcard slot in a significant way? Cause possible that could be used to inject something into it but make it look like its just using the Sdcard for its regular gaming function.
I think VC games and some download software write save data to the SD card, but presumably the official SDK will handle SD card operations. For data that is written to the SD card by 3DS applications, most of it appears to be AES encrypted so nothing of any use can be injected.

Nintendo really did their homework this time, and all your hacking theories suck. :ha:

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think VC games and some download software write save data to the SD card, but presumably the official SDK will handle SD card operations. For data that is written to the SD card by 3DS applications, most of it appears to be AES encrypted so nothing of any use can be injected.

Nintendo really did their homework this time, and all your hacking theories suck. :ha:
Hey, at least we're thinking.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm also thinking, but after researching my ideas it becomes apparent that they also suck, so I don't post them ;)

loco365

Trophies
XP

You say "some" but what about the rest?

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Pandora Team apparently has thought a lot more than all of us (except Neimod, but that is pretty evident)

http://www.pandora-ds.com/list.asp?id=71&class=News%20Center

I hope that this isn't a hoax. *crosses fingers*

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"time may change without notice" - i.e. if there isn't a hack we can steal by then, we'll push it back.

When a site doesn't even have "DS" in capitals in it's title (It's "Pandora Ds" btw), you can be pretty sure it's a fake. Also the fact that there are capitals on random words in the text on the site (including at the end of one or two words) does not bode well.

I wouldn't bother getting your hopes up over the Pandora flash card. IIRC, it was a crappy clone of an outdated flash card when it was first released, and it still is. I doubt that will change any time soon.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Enter ROM item, it’s showed in the top bottom screen cheat, DMA, software start functions, touch the relevant file to save the file. When the Soft-Reset function is ON during game, “L+R+A+B+X+Y” kdy combination can be pressed to return R4-II menu.. Don’t save during soft reset, otherwise “archive lost” will be led. It is recommended to return game main menu and then soft reset. If Soft-Reset can not be operated or the Game is impacted, please turn off the soft-reset function."

Oops? Copy + Paste...

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good NewS Pandora TERM process of releasing a new flashcard which will be able to Play all the 3ds roms and able to download from our website
Awesome, I can't wait to download my flashcart.

If there's anyone that thinks this isn't a fake... :ha: for you.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good NewS Pandora TERM process of releasing a new flashcard which will be able to Play all the 3ds roms and able to download from our website
Awesome, I can't wait to download my flashcart.

If there's anyone that thinks this isn't a fake... :ha: for you.
I looked over the page right after I posted and saw all of the errors.... :(

It was a start........but it still sucks..... :(

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer lasers... Very microscopic cuts to specific parts of the chip? Or magnets - like a cold glitch! :P Seriously, though, it wouldn't shock me to see them put in countermeasures to trying to glitch the chip even against stuff that is pretty high in needed skill/luck.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Do not do that! It will ruin your console, it is because of the magnets in the ds console. It has an impact on the 3Ds System and can damage both screens, speakers and the battery.

[yt][media]lcYFpR2jxUI[/media][/yt]

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard you can set a 3DS(while on 3DS sound)on a DS system and it will wake up and play the song you selected.
Apparently that damages your 3DS since it uses magnets to determine whether or not the system should go into sleep or not. Not really to do with hacking, and more so scrambling some of the hardware.

EDIT: DANG! ninja'd

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads