SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
hmm not tested, but I wonder if an empty file .. boot.dol would be better, no idea how it would be handled, but maybe if clicked it would just refuse to load and then avoid reloading postloader.

I did think of that too, but I wasn't sure what would happen with an empty boot.dol. It may hang or something.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
stfour said:
I do not think that an empty dol is a good idea...

I obviously don't know what you've coded, but thought you might have a check to see if the dol was valid and if not give an error like the hbc does "this is not a valid...sumin sumin"
rolleyes.gif

As for disc channel support, maybe you can do what I was saying DEFIANT and get an auto-booting mod of it, if will boot a disc unless you hold eg 1 or 2 then it brings up a menu. They do exist somewhere in the wild, you've just gotta find one and then you can have an almost disc channel loader (with a few extras)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TinyLoad should do the trick. (Retail discs only). No true "channel loader" will ever be able to load the disc channel because it simply isn't a channel. It is only a representation on the System Menu, all the code is in the actual SM. So for any application to load a disc, it will have to do so manually, not by loading a channel. (i.e. "regular channel support" wouldn't support disc loading unless it was also added seperately)

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
TinyLoad is boot.elf...no support in PostLoader. Unless some one could turn it into boot.dol, it won't work for what I need it to do.

I've got my nose over in neogamma as well, trying to get that to work for me. But It seems I've hit a road block there too.

Maybe it's just not ment to be...[sad face]

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I did this mourning on my quest, but no go.

elf to dol makes a zero byte boot.dol, while doltool makes a boot.dol that won't boot.

Thank you for your time though.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ELF support will be available with b5... just wait some days...

also 0 byte dol/elf checking... so postLoader will do not nothing with them...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone wanting to load channels (at least until it gets added) you can use this program I made to create a dol that will load the channel.

Great job on the app stfour, it is great that you keep making all these frequent updates to add features and such.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
sources:

As I'm actually learning wii programming, source are continuously changing. With postLoader I'm developing a light user interface library (I called grlib, based on GRRLIB). So that I prefer to not release source until I am satisfied of them. Anyway feel free to request them via pm or mail. I only ask to not mod postLoader until beta phase is completed.

Someone has said you might have better emulation with some games than wiiflow has, can you send me your source pls?

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
stfour said:
sources:

As I'm actually learning wii programming, source are continuously changing. With postLoader I'm developing a light user interface library (I called grlib, based on GRRLIB). So that I prefer to not release source until I am satisfied of them. Anyway feel free to request them via pm or mail. I only ask to not mod postLoader until beta phase is completed.

Someone has said you might have better emulation with some games than wiiflow has, can you send me your source pls?
This topic is old. There is a new topic for this, postLoader 2.Btw, he said that if any1 wants the source to PM him

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch