Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm...I found an issue, but I'm not very sure if it's intentional.

In DML, the NTSC game 'Phantasy Star online episode 1 & 2 plus' (GPOE8P) doesn't display in the list amongst the other games; it shows fine in neogamma, though.

I ask if it's intentional because this game is known to black screen upon boot (tested). Obviously, until that's resolved, it doesn't matter...but should it do that? Or could it be something else? (e.g. the ampersand in the name screwing things up).

No Wever, there is no filtler... actually the only way to skip it if there isn't no game.iso file in the folder or the game is a two disc game only on usb as gartimusPrime has found

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Can i somehow use neek2o mode as default when launching titles from usb nand, instead of changing every single game i want to play? This boots fast enough for me and is working very well. :D

If you're always wanting to run channels under neek2o, why not just run postloader within neek2o and launch the games from there?? stfour has even given you the neekbooter tool so that you can just launch neek2o and go straight into postloader, this makes it as easy to load postloader under neek as it is to launch postloader under a normal IOS/cIOS.

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can i somehow use neek2o mode as default when launching titles from usb nand, instead of changing every single game i want to play? This boots fast enough for me and is working very well. :D

If you're always wanting to run channels under neek2o, why not just run postloader within neek2o and launch the games from there?? stfour has even given you the neekbooter tool so that you can just launch neek2o and go straight into postloader, this makes it as easy to load postloader under neek as it is to launch postloader under a normal IOS/cIOS.
The loading speed i guess, as i don't use the channels that often it seemed easier to only use neek2o for these. And the ability to use all homebrew apps, as i often use emulators, i'm able to run all these things from postloader on a real nand. :D

I did try booting neek2o from priibotergui now without success, the drive flashes and i can't see what i've missed, everything seems to be there, i usually boot neek2o from a forwarder channel, and neek2o mode in postloader works fine.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
On another note an error report and a request.

PL 3.66.1 seems to be cutting off music tracks at random points near the end. In other words it never plays a whole song. If the song is long enough it cuts off entire minutes

Please add in a random function in the MP3 player, wether by default or as something configurable in the menu would be fine with me, I don't know if other feel the same way, but I'd love to get some feedback on what others think would be best. I for one don't always want to hear the same track when I start PL ^_^

And if possible fading into the next track would be neat if it could be done. I know it's nothing that breaks functionality in any way, but I think it polishes the PostLoader experience :)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To late MassiveRican... next version :D

postLoader 3.67.0

* dml: fixed the bug that could prevent displaying of games on more than one disc (from usb only)..
* when changing sort mode, cover cache where not updated
* cover cache is now using mutex for thread locking
* now when emunand is changed, cover cache is correctly updated
* postloader forwarder channel updated to v4.
* postloader can now fully work under ciosx. This give some beneficts, like better hdd compatibility and highter transfer speed (+200Kb/sec on dml game transfer). If you choose to use ios249 and you want to keep ahbprot for spawned homebrews, postloader channels V4 is required to be on system (both real and neek). ([home]->system options->Advanced options)
* added support for ntfs (but actually only first partition is used for homebrew/dml, also remember that emunand, neek and a lot of hb doesn't works with ntfs)
* postloader is now able to save some setting (like ios/onlyusb/etc...) directly in the boot.dol
* ploader.sd file is no more used. The flag for USB Init (yes/no) is now embedded in boot.dol ([home]->system options->Advanced options)
* added experimental gestures (enable in [home]->system options->Advanced options) [move wiimote left/right to change page)
* embed some configuration params (ios, sd only mode, hb execution mode...) on the executable
* priibooter_gui: can now boot neek2o without any SD inside (thank you obcd)
* priibooter_gui: support hdd with first ntfs partion
* priibooter_gui: nouw can store it's configuration file on usb device (before only on sd)
* neek2o: now is forced ios56
* updated libwiiuse library to support latest wiimotes
* a lot of code clean and various little fixes
* postloader forwarder channel is now in the distribution

Reactions: 2 people

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
To late MassiveRican... next version :D

postLoader 3.67.0

* dml: fixed the bug that could prevent displaying of games on more than one disc (from usb only)..
* when changing sort mode, cover cache where not updated
* cover cache is now using mutex for thread locking
* now when emunand is changed, cover cache is correctly updated
* postloader forwarder channel updated to v4.
* postloader can now fully work under ciosx. This give some beneficts, like better hdd compatibility and highter transfer speed (+200Kb/sec on dml game transfer). If you choose to use ios249 and you want to keep ahbprot for spawned homebrews, postloader channels V4 is required to be on system (both real and neek). ([home]->system options->Advanced options)
* added support for ntfs (but actually only first partition is used for homebrew/dml, also remember that emunand, neek and a lot of hb doesn't works with ntfs)
* postloader is now able to save some setting (like ios/onlyusb/etc...) directly in the boot.dol
* ploader.sd file is no more used. The flag for USB Init (yes/no) is now embedded in boot.dol ([home]->system options->Advanced options)
* added experimental gestures (enable in [home]->system options->Advanced options) [move wiimote left/right to change page)
* embed some configuration params (ios, sd only mode, hb execution mode...) on the executable
* priibooter_gui: can now boot neek2o without any SD inside (thank you obcd)
* priibooter_gui: support hdd with first ntfs partion
* priibooter_gui: nouw can store it's configuration file on usb device (before only on sd)
* neek2o: now is forced ios56
* updated libwiiuse library to support latest wiimotes
* a lot of code clean and various little fixes
* postloader forwarder channel is now in the distribution
+1 Woot Woot. Drop em' like it's hot stfour lol. Installing Forwarder v4 on emulated nands now. Has ModMii received the update yet? I felt like building a fresh nand. I have too many games on 1 nand and it's decreasing speed so I'm going to split it into 2 nands :ha:

Edit: This looks like fresh install time..

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can i just copy the update over onto my usb drive and boot normal?
doh, just went to install the forward wad and gave me error can't find usb drive. wtf lol haven't seen that in a long time.
mutimod manager didn't give a error code but wad-manger did and it was error rest = -1. that was off ios 249 and 58 .. should i try another?

lost

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
can i just copy the update over onto my usb drive and boot normal?
lost

Yes u can. One of the wonderful things about PL is that. Can update it in many ways so no worries.

U can online update, Send via WiiLoad, update with ModMii or transfer to USB/SD. I love having a plethora of options.
If I missed one let me know lol.

Edit: my phone is freaking horrible when it comes to editing posts, for the love of sweet Jesus.

@[member='lost_loven'] try IOS236, WAD Manager tends to read USB better with that IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong