Homebrew postLoader4

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So what happens, you store the dml games on a usb, select it and it gets copied to the sd and then launched? That could be useful, it's almost like launching from usb but not...
Exactly. The only downsize is that copying files from USB to SD isn't exactly done at lightning speed (10 to 15 minutes are pretty common). Still pretty useful, though. :)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, MassiveRican, the "problem" is that your secondary partition is an extended partition with one logical ntfs inside ( I guess ). postLoader and the forwarder 11 support only "primary" type of partition. You can have up to 4 primary partition on hdd. I will check if I can easily add support for ebr record... ;)

Ok, MassiveRican, the "problem" is that your secondary partition is an extended partition with one logical ntfs inside ( I guess, looking to your mbr.dat ). postLoader and the forwarder 11 support only "primary" type of partition. You can have up to 4 primary partition on hdd. I will check if I can easily add support for ebr record... ;)

Anyway I think that EASEUS Partition Master can convert logical to primary on the fly...

Reactions: 1 person

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Exactly. The only downsize is that copying files from USB to SD isn't exactly done at lightning speed (10 to 15 minutes are pretty common). Still pretty useful, though. :)

Right.

On my sd samsung class 10, a full dump (1.45GB) take exactly 10:48... ;)

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Postloader seems to fail to start usb loader gx almost randomly when trying to start a game. And controlling the pointer with a second wii remote is not possible. :D

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, MassiveRican, the "problem" is that your secondary partition is an extended partition with one logical ntfs inside ( I guess, looking to your mbr.dat ). postLoader and the forwarder 11 support only "primary" type of partition. You can have up to 4 primary partition on hdd. I will check if I can easily add support for ebr record... ;)
Anyway I think that EASEUS Partition Master can convert logical to primary on the fly...
AHHHH!! It was such a small oversight. Unbelievable... Yes there's no need to have postloader read EBR, I didn't know I could have 4 primary partitions. I'll change it with easeus and it should fix all my problems.

Edit: Postloader now recognizes all games on NTFS Partition... and finally Wiiflow app works on NTFS partition as well... I FREAKING LOVE YOU!! no but seriously I do lol. :bow: :toot: :wub:

On a sidenote, I have cover folders fot both CFG & Wiiflow, could we re-direct postloader to read covers from a different folder just for the wbfs games so that it doesn't mess up HB/WiiWare/VC Covers? Plus we wouldn't have to re-d/load or copy over files from a different folder. It would be awesome to save space on the drive that way. Thanks again bro.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried it some more now, most often it fails the first time, i get back too hbc or priilbooter gui depending on how i started postloader, and when i try the second time it starts.

Update to postloader 3.67.2... should be solved.

EDIT: for some reason if I do not make another ios reload before executing it, gx fall in hbc...

Edit: Postloader now recognizes all games on NTFS Partition... and finally Wiiflow app works on NTFS partition as well... I FREAKING LOVE YOU!! no but seriously I do lol. :bow: :toot: :wub:

Thank you ! :D

About the covers I will think about that..... there was already another request for this..

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 3.67.3

* Corrected parameters for loaders (bug introduced in 3.67.2) [cfg will not work in 3.67.2]

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay - following your last reply, stfour...

@[member='stfour']

If there is one thing that you want *manual* it's the Video Mode. You can have only two types of a Wii - a PAL one or an NTSC one. You can have TV's of all-sorts though. From what I understand from your reply, postLoader loads PAL games as the appropriet PAL fromat and NTSC games as the appropriet NTSC format - that should not be the case. The game should be launched in the mode that is default on the Wii - PAL on PAL Wii's, NTSC on NTSC Wii's so that there are no colour/stretch issues on the TV the Wii is connected to, and in my honest opinion, there should also be an option to manually change the mode if needs be. I personally have a PAL TV and a PAL/NTSC universal CRT TV (quite rare nowadays) so it's not an issue for me, but I bet there are people who do have problems with this.

Suma Sumarum, DML games should be launched in the default Wii mode if you want it automatic, not in the Disc Default mode since that causes games to go either Grayscale or in a Pink-ish palette. For now, I'm switching to Neogamma as DML is really the only reason why I even installed postLoader (I don't want to waste the precious laser life on discs, and Neogamma requires a disc in the drive to work properly).

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stfour,

Now that postloader seems to be getting more attention (at least it appears so by the newer posters on this thread) is it worth us moving over to using your google code page for bug reports / features requests? Might make things easier for you to manage and keep track of, and I guess you could see by the feedback on there which new features, if any, prove popular with your users.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, zfa, I think it is a good idea.

@[member='stfour']

If there is one thing that you want *manual* it's the Video Mode. You can have only two types of a Wii - a PAL one or an NTSC one. You can have TV's of all-sorts though. From what I understand from your reply, postLoader loads PAL games as the appropriet PAL fromat and NTSC games as the appropriet NTSC format - that should not be the case. The game should be launched in the mode that is default on the Wii - PAL on PAL Wii's, NTSC on NTSC Wii's so that there are no colour/stretch issues on the TV the Wii is connected to, and in my honest opinion, there should also be an option to manually change the mode if needs be. I personally have a PAL TV and a PAL/NTSC universal CRT TV (quite rare nowadays) so it's not an issue for me, but I bet there are people who do have problems with this.

Suma Sumarum, DML games should be launched in the default Wii mode if you want it automatic, not in the Disc Default mode since that causes games to go either Grayscale or in a Pink-ish palette. For now, I'm switching to Neogamma as DML is really the only reason why I even installed postLoader (I don't want to waste the precious laser life on discs, and Neogamma requires a disc in the drive to work properly).

Espect this in the next release. But dml need a disc in the drive (ok, postloader do not access to it).

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

@[member='stfour']

Espect this in the next release. But dml need a disc in the drive (ok, postloader do not access to it).
Sounds absolutely fantastic. Forgive me for maybe commenting in a harsh fashion, but at least in the regard of loading ISO's, it's the Wii region that we should think of the most, not the region of the disc. I mean, if a user is dumping a disc/downloading a disc, he/she is well-aware of its region. The ultimate purpose of loading it is launching it in the appropriet mode, at least in my opinion. :)

I can't wait for the next update after his "promise", postLoader does look like a shortcut to many Wii functions and it's quite a handy tool seeing that it's perfectly capable of Autobooting already. Great job and keep it commin' four. ;)

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country

@[member='stfour']

Sounds absolutely fantastic. Forgive me for maybe commenting in a harsh fashion, but at least in the regard of loading ISO's, it's the Wii region that we should think of the most, not the region of the disc. I mean, if a user is dumping a disc/downloading a disc, he/she is well-aware of its region. The ultimate purpose of loading it is launching it in the appropriet mode, at least in my opinion. :)

I can't wait for the next update after his "promise", postLoader does look like a shortcut to many Wii functions and it's quite a handy tool seeing that it's perfectly capable of Autobooting already. Great job and keep it commin' four. ;)

Hmmm... The problem with forcing the game to play in the console's default video mode is that in my experience certain games just don't run at all when you select, say, PAL and it's an NTSC game (not sure about GC games, but for some standard Wii games this is correct). At least if you always force the 'disc video mode' they will play, alibiet with sub-optimal graphics. If there is no option to change the mode then disc default is 'safer' than console (not necessarily 'better', but certainly more compatible). Of course, the best solution would be to be for it just to be changeable like most of the USB loaders out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong