Homebrew postLoader4

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wever recommended roms on SD, maybe that's why.
I'm surprised how it works with wiiflow :)
To be precise: I said I used roms on SD. As I haven't tested things on USB, I can't vouch for them either way. :)
EDIT: okay...NOW I've tested wiimednafen in real nand, on my USB device. With the same files (copied the .conf file and the \mednafen folder over to USB). And I get (probably) the same error message of not being able to mount the USB device. So now...yeah, now I recommend SD. ;)

I think I made a mistake in conclusion earlier: the conf file can read folders with spaces fine. So please disregard my last edit (I think I mismatched a character or something).

And here's another suggestion for mednafen: is it possible (or rather: not that hard to change) for a future postloader to search for subfolders as well? (either show them all or have a structure as with the homebrew).

I may be wrong, but I think most people will be fine with postloader just showing up every game that is in any folder or subfolder of \wiimednafen\roms. The different filter options sound cool in theory...but I really doubt someone will have all the kinds of roms that thing plays. Let alone the majority of people.

Roach2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you are not using a wbfs partition... wbfs partitions are not supported by postloader, just fat and ntfs

Question if I may?

My hard drive is formatted into fat32 and wondering if this meant I cant use wbfs files atall with postloader? if not sounds like alot of work to convert my 300+ games into a differant file format.

also what file format would work with the fat32 formatted drive?

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I hope you are not using a wbfs partition... wbfs partitions are not supported by postloader, just fat and ntfs

Question if I may?

My hard drive is formatted into fat32 and wondering if this meant I cant use wbfs files atall with postloader? if not sounds like alot of work to convert my 300+ games into a differant file format.

I'll answer you.

wbfs files are supported by every loader, including this one, postloader.
wbfs filesystem partitions are not supported by postloader, only FAT32 and NTFS are.

If your games aren't showing up try the option "Rebuild games list", or check if you have any filters on.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@[member='stfour']
Feature request before v4 is final:
Replace default (empty icons + rom name) for Emulator Games with the official PNG of the emulator in case no screenshot or cover is found.
Will look much nicer :)
We can still read the game name on the bottom of the screen - so no big deal if rom name is not in the box
Abz

I recommend these: http://www.mediafire...xayvuozesh997h4

nzelp3.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I would also like to kinda request something: a way to map the d-pad paths. I don't use emulators as much as DM, so I would like to change back the d-pad down button to DM. Since I believe that everyone uses one thing more that the others, what I am asking is for a way to change it manually, maybe in the options, maybe in a configuration file to edit on pc, or even a manual edit on the source that I could do on my own. Whichever seems more easy to you :)

Haven't found a single issue since you fixed the channels crash great work so far! :yay:

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I would also like to kinda request something: a way to map the d-pad paths. I don't use emulators as much as DM, so I would like to change back the d-pad down button to DM. Since I believe that everyone uses one thing more that the others, what I am asking is for a way to change it manually, maybe in the options, maybe in a configuration file to edit on pc, or even a manual edit on the source that I could do on my own. Whichever seems more easy to you :)

Haven't found a single issue since you fixed the channels crash great work so far! :yay:
Maybe using the workaround in wiiflow shortcuts will be much easier to do:
UP=Wii
Down=GC
Right=Wiiware-EmuNand
Left=Emulators
Homebrew=Empty direction (i.e direction of mode you're using)
This way you'll only need to press 1 direction to reach whichever mode you want :)

Roach2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question if I may?

I'll answer you.

wbfs files are supported by every loader, including this one, postloader.
wbfs filesystem partitions are not supported by postloader, only FAT32 and NTFS are.

If your games aren't showing up try the option "Rebuild games list", or check if you have any filters on.

ok i havnt tried postloader yet I was reading b4 I tried and came uppon this question,

all the games are wbfs (converted with wiibackuploader) im able to play all games atm which you answered my questions that I can keep my files in wbfs filetype as long as the external HD is in fat32 format. correct?

new interface was what I was looking for and see in screenshots.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You're absolutely correct. With your setup, postloader should be able to find and play your games without issue. Your covers probably have to be redownloaded in order for it to look fancy, but that's about it. :)

EDIT @stfour: just noticed a but in b27. Up until now, I used DML. Since, I switched to DM. So I moved whatever games I had to the USB drive. Now I noticed that those games I had on SD don't show up there. All the rebuilding didn't make a difference. In the end, I had to remove the dml.* files in the \ploader folder to make them come up. Would you take a look into this, please? :)

Reactions: 1 person

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messed up postloader and gamecube view......I renamed all my files. Example: From "GAFE01" to "Animal Crossing [GAFE01]". Now when I go to gamecube view in postloader the screen turns black and my wii starts screaming at me......

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT @stfour: just noticed a but in b27. Up until now, I used DML. Since, I switched to DM. So I moved whatever games I had to the USB drive. Now I noticed that those games I had on SD don't show up there. All the rebuilding didn't make a difference. In the end, I had to remove the dml.* files in the \ploader folder to make them come up. Would you take a look into this, please? :)

With dm 2.x active, postloader will not show more games on sd. AFAIK dm cannot run games from sd.

I messed up postloader and gamecube view......I renamed all my files. Example: From "GAFE01" to "Animal Crossing [GAFE01]". Now when I go to gamecube view in postloader the screen turns black and my wii starts screaming at me......

I will check.

@[member='stfour']
Feature request before v4 is final:
Replace default (empty icons + rom name) for Emulator Games with the official PNG of the emulator in case no screenshot or cover is found.
Will look much nicer :)
We can still read the game name on the bottom of the screen - so no big deal if rom name is not in the box
Abz

I recommend these: http://www.mediafire...xayvuozesh997h4

Yes, I was already thinking something like this ;)

Maybe I can add a way to disable "emulators" and activate the dpad as old version. Even I think it is just an "habit" issue, I'll check if I can do something for this :)

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy cow, lol. Now when I go into PL it says everytime that a key has been pressed and the menu pops up, I have to select postloader. I tried a fresh install, deleted everything except plugins and covers and it still says key pressed but this time it says config file not found. But it won't let me select usb or sd to put config file on and it boots me directly to the system menu.....I don't know what I did but I did it good! Oh I also tried multiple wiimotes and everytime it said key pressed.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I added a minor new feature to Postloader: Dios Mios cheats support. it only took a few lines of code, so it's nothing amazing, but I got tired of booting into DM booter every time I wanted to play Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(I use an unlock everything code to bypass it not working with NMM :P):

This is to be patched on browserGames.c with the latest revision of postloader(as of this post, it's r97):
Code:
Index: browserGames.c
===================================================================
--- browserGames.c	(revision 97)
+++ browserGames.c	(working copy)
@@ -942,6 +942,7 @@
grlib_menuAddItem (buff, 8, "DML: Patch NODISC (%s)", gameConf.dmlNoDisc ? "Yes" : "No" );
grlib_menuAddItem (buff, 9, "DML: Patch PADHOOK (%s)", gameConf.dmlPadHook ? "Yes" : "No" );
grlib_menuAddItem (buff,10, "DML: Patch NMM (%s)", gameConf.dmlNMM ? "Yes" : "No" );
+				grlib_menuAddItem (buff,11, "DML: Enable Cheats (%s)", gameConf.ocarina ? "Yes" : "No" );
}
}
/*
@@ -1080,6 +1081,12 @@
goto start;
}

+	if (item == 11)
+		{
+		gameConf.ocarina = !gameConf.ocarina;
+		goto start;
+		}
+
WriteGameConfig (ai);

//GameBrowse (0);

And dml.c needed a minor addition:
Code:
Index: dml.c
===================================================================
--- dml.c	(revision 97)
+++ dml.c	(working copy)
@@ -363,6 +363,9 @@
if (gameconf->dmlNMM)
cfg.Config |= DML_CFG_NMM;

+	if(gameconf->ocarina)
+		cfg.Config |= DML_CFG_CHEATS;
+
strcpy (cfg.GamePath, path);
memcpy ((char *)0x80000000, id, 6);

For those who can't code, here's a precompiled dol:
http://www.peejeshar...loader.dol.html

I'll remove it if stfour doesn't want others distributing dols.

To use cheats with Dios Mios, it expects you to put a GCT file in /games/, named to .gct. For example, for Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, it's /games/GM4E01/GM4E01.gct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1