• Views 308,791
  • Replies 719
  • Likes 73

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title override gives the emulator extra ram that you don't get when you use album.

You hold R on any installed game such as a Switch game like Super Mario Odyssey and lauch the game. Instead of launching the game it will take you to homebrew menu. You launch PPSSPP from there.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Title override gives the emulator extra ram that you don't get when you use album.

You hold R on any installed game such as a Switch game like Super Mario Odyssey and lauch the game. Instead of launching the game it will take you to homebrew menu. You launch PPSSPP from there.
Just saying we talk about a few hundred MB RAM vs gigabytes here.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there a compatibility list anywhere? I'm interested in Tactics Ogre and I hate having to deal with the mushy psp buttons.

Zelaxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have issues with audio popping? Star Ocean Second Evo is doing it pretty horrible regardless of frameskip settings. FF7:CC doesn't have it though. I tried my copy of SO:SE on my PC and had 0 pop so I'm pretty sure my rip is good.

Launching it correctly with the extra ram btw.

Also any recommend settings for up-scaling?

edit: Tried using the RetroArch version and have none of the popping but everytime I close content, save state, save options, etc, the entire thing crashes. I have the assests moved in \retroarch\cores\system\ppsspp and it says it found the file it needed when I check info after loading core.... odd.

Last edited by Zelaxi,

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I having a problem when using the analog stick , when i push up, the cursor direction will goes down and vice versa, even after I remapped it. I not sure whether it has been exist for sometimes or a bug that haven't been fixed because i used the March release is having the same problem as well. Anyone here having the same problem ?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I having a problem when using the analog stick , when i push up, the cursor direction will goes down and vice versa, even after I remapped it. I not sure whether it has been exist for sometimes or a bug that haven't been fixed because i used the March release is having the same problem as well. Anyone here having the same problem ?
AFAIK it only affects ppsspp hub/settings overlay, it doesn't affect gameplay at all (and dpad works fine), so i don't care about it but my guess it's just a switch only bug, yeah.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: raytan168

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Delete your retroarch.cfg and retry.

koonla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanzania
I have a popping/ choppy sound in cutscene of crisis core and kingdom heart bbs.

Any fix?? Or how to setting??

Last edited by koonla,

Zelaxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a popping/ choppy sound in cutscene of crisis core and kingdom heart bbs.

Any fix?? Or how to setting??
I had the same thing going on. Deleted the config file and it was fixed. Didn't touch any settings since then so unknown what actually caused it. It'll be rebuilt automatically.

Config is found in /switch/ppsspp/config/ppsspp/psps/SYSTEM/ppsspp.ini

Wenneseph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a compatibility list anywhere? I'm interested in Tactics Ogre and I hate having to deal with the mushy psp buttons.

I have been trying to get Tactics Ogre to work properly for a while. It just doesn't run well with slowdowns and graphical glitches(Speech bubbles show blocky if you upscale). Even though it shows 40-60 fps it still feels sluggish. Some slowdowns during spells. With some settings you won't get through the first victory screen. There are ways to get arround all of this stuff if you switch on and off a lot of the settings but it just doesn't feel worth it.

FFT: WoTL has some minor unimportant graphical glitches but it has audio crackling. It runs better than TO:LUCT and feels finishable if you are ok with the audio crackling. It seems to me that if you don't use savestates it will crackle less.

Apparently Switch's CPU isn't strong enough to handle "good" emulation especially with these problematic titles. If there are some problems with the titles in the original software (PSX can't run Parasite Eve 2 for example and again it is a problematic title on the original software as well from what I found out) there is a high chance that it won't run decently on Switch.

Reactions: Walo

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is the only one that did not give me the graphic errors that the Metal Gear Solip Special OPS and Peace Walker games have with PPSSPP in RetroArch, LAkka, etc ... But it ends up being the slowest option because it does not have support for Vulkan and it It has a lot of lag and distortion in the sound.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the only one that did not give me the graphic errors that the Metal Gear Solip Special OPS and Peace Walker games have with PPSSPP in RetroArch, LAkka, etc ... But it ends up being the slowest option because it does not have support for Vulkan and it It has a lot of lag and distortion in the sound.

Your setup is wrong then, there's no problem with the speed or sound.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Your setup is wrong then, there's no problem with the speed or sound.
Ok I already reset the settings and no longer gives problems. I have tried to improve the graphic quality, but the PSP x2, x4, etc ... options do not seem to give any effect, like the Shaders.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have been trying to get Tactics Ogre to work properly for a while. It just doesn't run well with slowdowns and graphical glitches(Speech bubbles show blocky if you upscale). Even though it shows 40-60 fps it still feels sluggish. Some slowdowns during spells. With some settings you won't get through the first victory screen. There are ways to get arround all of this stuff if you switch on and off a lot of the settings but it just doesn't feel worth it.

FFT: WoTL has some minor unimportant graphical glitches but it has audio crackling. It runs better than TO:LUCT and feels finishable if you are ok with the audio crackling. It seems to me that if you don't use savestates it will crackle less.

Apparently Switch's CPU isn't strong enough to handle "good" emulation especially with these problematic titles. If there are some problems with the titles in the original software (PSX can't run Parasite Eve 2 for example and again it is a problematic title on the original software as well from what I found out) there is a high chance that it won't run decently on Switch.
Thanks for the feedback. I tried launching it from the Retroarch core and at 1x resolution it seemed to run fine, at least the opening played well. 2x resolution already seemed to have audio cracks.

I haven't actually tried playing a map so if it doesn't work, that's a shame.

rinzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had luck running gran turismo? Getting 5 fps in menus which is not fun. In game I can reach 60fps but there are random slowdowns which ruin the flow :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!