TurtleP

OP
Trophies
Website
TurtleP.github.io
XP
Country
United States
@SirBeethoven Yeah. I've been working on making LuaSocket stuff work--and it does! I give credit to the ctrulua devs for what they've done with sockets. I had to format my code to the Love api/LuaSocket api properly, but it works! The original game has online co-op as well. You'll have to port forward to play, however.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@TurtleP Just passing by to report these bugs:
- I keep receiving a "not enough linear memory" LovePötion error if I play on intense for too long (generally they start at wave 25+)
- D-PAD mode isn't working

I'm using the latest CIA version, on an old 3ds with A9LH + Luma3DS. Framerate looks good for me.

TurtleP

OP
Trophies
Website
TurtleP.github.io
XP
Country
United States
@Ryuzaki_MrL I didn't realize Videah had changed the name of the d-pad keys. It's fixed for the next version. The not enough linear memory error, huh. Could you find out what wave it specifically starts, or is that just random?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Ryuzaki_MrL I didn't realize Videah had changed the name of the d-pad keys. It's fixed for the next version. The not enough linear memory error, huh. Could you find out what wave it specifically starts, or is that just random?

I can't recall correctly, it happens so suddenly. But I'm sure it was somewhere between waves 25 - 29.

Just gonna drop this teaser here:

Hype!

TurtleP

OP
Trophies
Website
TurtleP.github.io
XP
Country
United States
@Ryuzaki_MrL it's most likely on Wave 30, the final boss. Reason being that I have to load the final boss song on making the boss.. though I should find another way around it. I do clean out the old normal boss song before loading it though.

TurtleP

OP
Trophies
Website
TurtleP.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don't think you can do anything without port forwarding your own server. I tried looking into UDP hole punches, but I don't see a good, clear way to do it. Other than that, you *can* do local games (ie same network wifi 3DS->3DS). This isn't exactly done yet, but the plan is to toggle IP mode and Local modes somehow.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do anything without port forwarding your own server. I tried looking into UDP hole punches, but I don't see a good, clear way to do it. Other than that, you *can* do local games (ie same network wifi 3DS->3DS). This isn't exactly done yet, but the plan is to toggle IP mode and Local modes somehow.
Sounds good! I know that Draw attack was able to get multiplayer functionality somehow here's the Forum and Git if that's of any help @TheCruel

Last edited by ,

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If public servers do get implemented, who will host them? Personally, I'm only good with making random servers for some of my friends to join.

TurtleP

OP
Trophies
Website
TurtleP.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Alright so some update news for everyone. I might make a v2.0 which includes any fixes/updates done by myself for the PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) and mobile (Android/iOS) port. This includes the new "rivals" mode where you face off against your friends in a mario kart-esque mode competing for the highest score. While I don't garuntee it, I would like to hopefully add it when I finish it on the new editions of PC/mobile. That would mark the finale of Turtle: Invaders because dammit I've been working on this one game for too long. I thought I'd not go back to it after I made the original version--but it just keeps coming back I suppose :P

The way it works is through Wireless LAN, kind of like download play except using UDP sockets. You search for a given party name and can browse for other servers on the local wifi network the 3DS will be connected to. It should work mostly anywhere unless you have some weird configured wi-fi like a university does (which I learnt myself the other day haha).

After this, I will once again pick back up development on Idiot as I don't want people to be let down that I've not been working on it.

Below is a picture of the broadcasted message from a test on my 3DS when the 'a' button was pressed. This is a crucial part as the person 'hosting' the mode will need to broadcast the party name to other devices. This could potentially even work with PC/mobile if all goes well this time around.

dVDyZQY.png

0DtFQ.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol