Hacking Price drop on ds lite after DSi release?

dukenukethis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone heard if there is a price drop planned for the DS lite after the DSi comes out? My Phat DS has served me well, but every time I play my fiance's DS lite whenever I go back to my DS I think "I have got to get one of those!" But I don't want to shell out $130 for a console that I already have.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The last thing they'll want to do is drop the DSL price far enough that people will keep buying it instead of the DSi.

Did they drop the price of the original DS when the DSL came out? I don't think they did, but I can't remember for sure.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they will drop the price by much though...I mean even after the DSi comes out...50 extra dollars for a slightly larger screen and a built in 3 Mpxl camera isn't really going to grab a ton of audience. The DS's main attraction was the types of games they had targetted a large amount of audience. They are probably attempting to attract the people who always want the newest thing or nintendo fanboys for easy cash.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm betting that they will. It will help them to sell the last of the DS Lites manufactured.

Nintendo has always lowered the price of their handhelds when they released a new one. When the GBA came out it cost 100 dollars. When the SP came out the GBA was lowered to 50 dollars (not the day the SP came out, but shortly after).

So, yes Nintendo will most likely lower the price of the DS Lite once the DSi comes out. It only makes sense.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I predict that in 2 or 3 years time, the DS Lite will be totally wiped from stores, and while in that time the price can go as low as $95 near the end of the DS Lite sales.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk