'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' remake delayed "to a later date"

pop.PNG

Back in September 2020, Ubisoft announced that it was bringing back its 2003 classic title, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, as a remake for current-gen platforms. This full-scale remake is said to feature new enemy character models, new cinematic sequences and enhanced audio. Gameplay and camera controls have also been modernized with players still having the ability to switch to the original mapping. A reveal trailer showed players what to expect out of the remake:

The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remake was first set to release in January then pushed back to March. However, in a recent tweet from the official Prince of Persia account, the dev team has announced that the title has been delayed yet again, with no mention of a release window. The announcement reads that this extra development time will allow the team to “deliver a remake that feels fresh while remaining faithful to the original.”

:arrow: SOURCE

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good, the reveal trailer made it look like they weren't putting in much effort and weren't doing justice to the original. Not that a delay guarantees they will, either.
I wouldn't say that, but I do think some of the charm is missing.

Like it is funny that they made the monsters so realistic and plain-looking, only to take the time to stylize the bugs. The female model looks weird. Idk if is the lighting or just the expressionless faces, I guess the guy could be a bit better, but I'm OK with how everyone else looks. Also, they seem to have zoom in the camera more, which I'm not sure how I feel abut that. Maybe this is just nostalgia speaking, but I feel like the muted colors of the original game fits the vibe more.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
How about showing the game trainel WHEN it comes out, not before its made. Im sick of anouncing games 2-3-4 years in advance.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Better to be delayed that to be rushed, look at Cyberpunk 2077.

Delayed game has nothing to do with it being good.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How about showing the game trainel WHEN it comes out, not before its made. Im sick of anouncing games 2-3-4 years in advance.

It has always been like that, for example Kirby Air Ride started as a Demo for the Nintendo 64 and ended being released as a Gamecube game.

Reactions: Ricken

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's that hideous first shot of the Prince picking up the dagger that gets me.

And is it weird that I feel bad hating on it? Because I get the feeling that the team really does care about the game and they're working hard on it, but it's just lacking the visual polish you'd hope from a current-gen remake and instead it looks more like something straight out of 2013.

NNate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing this on my Xbox. I'm sure it wasn't the most beautiful game, but I know the trailer for the remake didn't impress me

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who thinks this game isn't a classic that needs a remake?

The first two original Prince of Persia games are masterpieces.

I found the Ubisoft reboots to be cool games on their own but never understood the why they were PoP branded. No need to remake them since there's a hundred Assasins Creed games that pretty much carry that mantle.

Meanwhile the action style of the original 2D Prince of Persia games gets no equivalent in modern gaming.

NNate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a fun game. I liked the time component, but yes, hardly a classic worthy of a remake

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I prefer delays versus having a buggy/unplayable game. I would actually prefer if they didn't give a specific date and instead would just say, "Title will be out in 2022" for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...