Homebrew Suggestion Private Server for Banned people?

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to make a private server so people that are banned from nintendos servers can still play online? kinda like Wiimmfi for the wii.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything is possible. How likely is it that this will happen? not very. Unless a ex nintendo network engineer is a lurker here and decides to do it.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Removed a reference to a deleted post. ~Foxi4
Reactions: cagycee

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, person from the future. You might be researching the origins of this project, perhaps just formulating a history of the Switch and discovered this thread, talking about what will one day be. Good luck to you, and enjoy your Switch. From this end of the long road, Atmosphere isn't even out yet, likely a highly outdated subject of laughter and "remember when we used Atmosphere? hahahahah"

I hope it was good.

D

Deleted User

Yes. Anything is possible. How likely is it that this will happen? not very. Unless a ex nintendo network engineer is a lurker here and decides to do it.
Don't get your hopes up. Just because it was done for the Wii, doesn't mean the servers will be back for everything else. Things like this will be highly unnecessary for a banned user

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Isn´t it at least possible for games with local play?
Connect your Switch to a laptop via Wifi, this network is bridged to another network (smth like Hamachi) which connects with other Switch hookep up to the same virtual network over the internet? Or have i overseen something?

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Isn´t it at least possible for games with local play?
Connect your Switch to a laptop via Wifi, this network is bridged to another network (smth like Hamachi) which connects with other Switch hookep up to the same virtual network over the internet? Or have i overseen something?
Yes, you have most definitely overseen something.
Namely, the fact that the Switch (and all of Ninty's consoles for that matter) doesn't use the standard 802.11 Wi-Fi protocol for its local communication features.

jdubs31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it is that Nintendo online is a joke... Play with friends over Bluetooth. Are we really losing sleep over whether or not we can play Splatoon? :rofl:

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wouldn't it be possible to have local play work over the internet.

PS. Don't bite me please, I'm just throwing punches at the moon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's perfectly feasible with enough packet sniffing. Let's not forget that things like this have been achieved in the past, including custom DNAS servers for the PS2, a homebrew version of DS servers, Wii servers etc., people who dismiss this possibility don't know enough about the subject matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!