Hacking Probably a silly idea, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If one of the current updateable DSi compatible flash cards were to use the ROM header, icon, and any other parts I might be missing, of a DSi enhanced game instead of whatever they are using now, wouldn't that possibly trick the DSi into booting it in DSi mode? Obviously this doen't mean DSi homebrew right away but it could mean we could finally enjoy DSi enhanced games in their full glory and start working in getting decent working dumps of DSi exclusive games. This is certainly a long shot but it's better than not trying at all right?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shady Guy Jose said:
If one of the current updateable DSi compatible flash cards were to use the ROM header, icon, and any other parts I might be missing, of a DSi enhanced game instead of whatever they are using now, wouldn't that possibly trick the DSi into booting it in DSi mode? Obviously this doen't mean DSi homebrew right away but it could mean we could finally enjoy DSi enhanced games in their full glory and start working in getting decent working dumps of DSi exclusive games. This is certainly a long shot but it's better than not trying at all right?

No, because the when you boot the flashcart you're in DS Mode until rebooting.

QUOTE(yuyuyup @ Jul 12 2010, 11:32 AM) Pros don't know jack shit or the dsi would be hacked by now

They more 50x more than you.

http://dsibrew.org

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't check the header and icon and crap for DSi games like it does DS games, and in fact for new DS games doesn't check that data either, only stuff for games before the DSi came out.

http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

QUOTE said:
I hear you thinking, what about newly released DS games? How will they ever boot on a DSi without an update to the whitelist? Newer DS games come with a RSA signature in the header and so don’t need to be explicitly whitelisted.

And that RA signature is yet to be found.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
It doesn't check the header and icon and crap for DSi games like it does DS games, and in fact for new DS games doesn't check that data either, only stuff for games before the DSi came out.

http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

QUOTE said:
I hear you thinking, what about newly released DS games? How will they ever boot on a DSi without an update to the whitelist? Newer DS games come with a RSA signature in the header and so don’t need to be explicitly whitelisted.

And that RA signature is yet to be found.
RSA. Shit. Same shit that prevents iPod Classic from being hacked >_>

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
Pros don't know jack shit or the dsi would be hacked by now
:bursts out laughing:

:wipes away tear: Wow. Thanks I need a good laugh. But seriously, unless you can somehow pull a full DSi hack out of your butt, please stop talking.

Had a feeling a new type of copy protection had been implemented. Haven't been keeping track of it though. Didn't know the iPod Classic used it. Take it that is why all new iPods (minus iPod Touch) can't be hacked?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i bet with all these "theory's, fake vids, "
when a REAL hack is found we probably won't trust it and think "oh another f@cking fake hack by some random person."
unless it was by a well know source i.e. TT, comex
but maybe one day a random person may figure out an exploit and present it to the scene, bet no one would try it because they are worried about fakes,
sh!t hacks that may otherwise work.
(even if it was a vid some would say it was edited.)
mellow.gif

just saying...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A