Gaming (Probably) Bad news for Brawl fans...

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never played the game before. What makes the game gay? I just watches a video of the game on Youtube and it just looks like a fighting game to me.

Did you take a look at the link I posted up there?

Oh damn, I just looked.
ohmy.gif
Thats crazy.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, gays in a game. What next, blacks? Let's all hide under our Jeeps and pray the ghost of Falwell protects us.

Side-note: I agree these guys would be a bad move for Smash, but it would be really cool if gaming in general could stop confining minorities of all types to such stereotypical roles. Flamobyant gay man, tough black guy, soft spoken virginal female destined to fall in love with the hero. With the exeption of MGS series I haven't really seen anyone attempting to break these molds. Meh, it's too early for a diatribe; I'll stop here.

ndela007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Samson and Adon"

I wonder how you would go about unlocking them as playable characters.....

"I just couldn't look at my wiimote after the day I unlocked Samson and Adon."

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think they would want to disappoint there fans that way. Nothing to do with them being gay. Its just your going to include characters that no one knows ( I mean I never heard of them. ) when you could have added characters that are bit more popular around the fans then add nobodies.

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG

Muscular men in a game!

Shield your eyes, youngsters, lest you be transformed into homosexuals!

I think you misinterpret people's reactions. It's pretty much the most over-the-top and ridiculous game ever. I don't think people are drawn away from it because the characters are gay – rather, moreso because they shoot jizz out of their heads.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok seriously, I highly doubt those characters will be in smash bros, not because of prejudice, but because I've never (and I'm sure most have never) heard of them.

and I also doubt the 'gooey bomb' is from that franchise, it's a pretty generic name, and if they just called it "sticky bomb" or "magnet bomb" I bet they'd turn out to be the name of some bomb from another game.

ksponge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't care if they have those characters in there. It's about gameplay. Who gives a shit. I'd actually find it funny if they did some real funky moves, eg> pulling off some humping move when versus my wife would be pretty hilarious. But then again, I'm a married adult, and not homophobic at all.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's from that game. It doesn't matter if they're popular or not, just look at Fire Emblems Ray and Marth. The series was never outside of Japan and it debuted in Smash Bros.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with not liking gay characters in this game. We're not having a problem with them as people as much as the glorification of perverted sexual characters.

I do like the item though but that's it.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind these characters at all if they were Nintendo characters. Still don't completely agree with Snake being in but it's already decided and at least he was on a Nintendo system.

The proximity mine was influenced by the mines in Goldeneye 64 but you don't see James Bond in Melee...There are many other items that don't have to have their characters in the game that are in the game.

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't mind these characters at all if they were Nintendo characters. Still don't completely agree with Snake being in but it's already decided and at least he was on a Nintendo system.

The proximity mine was influenced by the mines in Goldeneye 64 but you don't see James Bond in Melee...There are many other items that don't have to have their characters in the game that are in the game.
Am I the only thats actually kinda glad that Snake is in the game? I never really pictured him being one, but after hearing the news I was shocked and happy. Hes one of my all time favorite character.

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah true Kanga

Guys how do you really knw they are actually Gay... Stereotypes.... yup

Thats just like saying Arabs are all terrorists, Jewish people are money hungry, all Mexicans are crimminals, Italains are all in the mafia and all Australians fights wild animals .... (I could go and on)

ITS NOT TRUE

-KangaRod-

Trophies
Website
kangarod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
yeah true Kanga

Guys how do you really knw they are actually Gay... Stereotypes.... yup

Thats just like saying Arabs are all terrorists, Jewish people are money hungry, all Mexicans are crimminals, Italains are all in the mafia and all Australians fights wild animals .... (I could go and on)

ITS NOT TRUE
if you read about any of these games, its pretty sure every homo erotic stereotype has been filled at some point in one of the games.

I think its safe to assume they are very gay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/AqspOhklc4Q