Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! :D So I'm trying to fix a friends PC, since it won't boot up. I readt some online on it and a lot of people suggested to reinstall the MBR using the Command Prompt on the W7 Recovery Disc. The problem I have is that I choose my recovery disc, click Repair Computer, selects my Windows 7 installation, but as soon as I click next it automatically starts the Startup Repair, not letting me choose anything. :S I tried letting the startup repair fix it, but of course it says that it couldnt locate the problem -.- I also tried booting "Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command line", but to no success :(

Help? :)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't have to go all the way to whatever just press shift-f10 as soon as you get into windows install.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
You don't have to go all the way to whatever just press shift-f10 as soon as you get into windows install.

Thanks! :D This worked perfectly! :D Sadly I didn't fix my problems with the PC :( The problem is that it goes directly into Startup Repair right before the Windows Logo starts it animations... :( Any ideas from you awesome people? :)

EDIT: BTW what I tried was the command "bootrec /fixmbr", but it didn't fix the problem :/

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it exactly saying when it won't boot up?

You can do a upgrade windows 7 on the disc (with same version of windows) to refix the boot stuff.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I meant that you feel overwhelmed that there is a lot of noise even though there is...