Hacking Problem with Hwfly v4 on Korean Region Oled Switch (XTK)

Santos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello everyone!
I've been chipping for more than a dozen Nintendo Switch Oleds. The technology has already been worked out, in general, there are no problems. I put Dat0 from the Hwly V4.0, after installation I warm it up with a hairdryer. Previously, before the advent of these adapters, I did a rebol EMMC and soldered directly to the ball itself. I don't see the need for that right now.

Recently I came across one prefix of the Korean region - XTK....... So, basically most consoles come with a serial number on XTJ.... As far as I remember, there have always been some specific problems with the consoles of the Korean region with their firmware (3DS, Wii), and perhaps this is the reason.

The console did not want to be glitched from the very beginning. Neither on the default firmware, nor after its upgrade to R0.31, nor after the firmware on hwfly nx 0.70. The video will be lower. Since I have the opportunity - I used different chips and it's definitely not about them. I tried another loop to the CPU, checked the readings and soldering of all points. Everything is fine. The chip does not pass training - it blinks yellow and orange on the default, but the pulsation is too uniform, there are no failures and so on indefinitely.
I had one set-top box - Switch V2, which, when flashing hwfly v4 (not Oled) on hwfly nx, also could not get stuck in any way - only flashing to R. helped.031. After that, I realized that the console may not pass the chip training with a certain firmware at all - that is, there are individual differences from instance to instance.
When flashing the chip on the hwfly nx in this situation, in addition to the yellow and orange colors, a red LED signal appears during training. If you turn off the loop to the CPU, the red disappears. Capacitors for soldering to the CPU are fine.
Also having experience working with xbox 360 by installing a freeboot, I played with the length of the wire on RST (.B), and once I managed to get a purple signal. But only once.
The problem was compounded by the fact that the console now does not start in normal mode without a chip and gets stuck when loading at 0.46 A in RCM mode. Apparently the bootloader was overwritten and damaged during the glitch after all.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Someone has already come across consoles from the Korean region, or maybe there was a similar problem on consoles from another region?
I would be grateful for the help provided, perhaps in the future it will be useful to other members of the community.

Attachments

• 2E75A02C-4F47-4D81-B48B-0B65BE6D31C9.MOV
    33 MB
  • EFA8DCF5-A54C-4424-B364-B78D26C4E633.MOV
    30.5 MB

zakwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your GND is wrong no ? I cannot see good (i don't know if that point were your soldered is another GND or not)

Sans titre.jpg

Also did you flash the modchip or keep the original firmware ? (because i had issues with the latest hwfly toolbox firmwares)

supereme_KR

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello everyone!
I've been chipping for more than a dozen Nintendo Switch Oleds. The technology has already been worked out, in general, there are no problems. I put Dat0 from the Hwly V4.0, after installation I warm it up with a hairdryer. Previously, before the advent of these adapters, I did a rebol EMMC and soldered directly to the ball itself. I don't see the need for that right now.

Recently I came across one prefix of the Korean region - XTK....... So, basically most consoles come with a serial number on XTJ.... As far as I remember, there have always been some specific problems with the consoles of the Korean region with their firmware (3DS, Wii), and perhaps this is the reason.

The console did not want to be glitched from the very beginning. Neither on the default firmware, nor after its upgrade to R0.31, nor after the firmware on hwfly nx 0.70. The video will be lower. Since I have the opportunity - I used different chips and it's definitely not about them. I tried another loop to the CPU, checked the readings and soldering of all points. Everything is fine. The chip does not pass training - it blinks yellow and orange on the default, but the pulsation is too uniform, there are no failures and so on indefinitely.
I had one set-top box - Switch V2, which, when flashing hwfly v4 (not Oled) on hwfly nx, also could not get stuck in any way - only flashing to R. helped.031. After that, I realized that the console may not pass the chip training with a certain firmware at all - that is, there are individual differences from instance to instance.
When flashing the chip on the hwfly nx in this situation, in addition to the yellow and orange colors, a red LED signal appears during training. If you turn off the loop to the CPU, the red disappears. Capacitors for soldering to the CPU are fine.
Also having experience working with xbox 360 by installing a freeboot, I played with the length of the wire on RST (.B), and once I managed to get a purple signal. But only once.
The problem was compounded by the fact that the console now does not start in normal mode without a chip and gets stuck when loading at 0.46 A in RCM mode. Apparently the bootloader was overwritten and damaged during the glitch after all.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Someone has already come across consoles from the Korean region, or maybe there was a similar problem on consoles from another region?
I would be grateful for the help provided, perhaps in the future it will be useful to other members of the community.
I suppose your eMMC maker is SK hynix. if so do not apply heat on it. since it is super brittle. Samsung (SEC) eMMC is OK with heatgun. the RED light instead of Green during training session means bad eMMC. (it is not a DAT0 contact problem. it's most likely eMMC got wrong by heat)

zakwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that ground is correct point nothing wrong
Oh sorry then i never used that one that's why, i didn't know it was also a ground

I suppose your eMMC maker is SK hynix. if so do not apply heat on it. since it is super brittle. Samsung (SEC) eMMC is OK with heatgun. the RED light instead of Green during training session means bad eMMC. (it is not a DAT0 contact problem. it's most likely eMMC got wrong by heat)
He didn't reball this one.... He just heat the dat0 qsb a little with a hair dryer, that should not be enough heat to do any kind of damage

Anyway for sure during the training it's not writing to emmc (orange trying... then red fail), so i guess if it's not the GND, that the qsb was put wrong

Did you prob diode on the qsb dat0 and check if you got around 400 to 460 to GND and 650 to 750 on 3,3v ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu