Gaming Problem with Modem

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a problem with my internet connection. Whenever I use the laptop, connect via wireless connection, and stream videos/surf the internet, the modem (AT&T 2Wire Gateway 2701HG-B) would have one of the LED lights (either the one labeled DSL or Internet) flash red and linger for a few minutes until it goes back to normal, which should be a solid green color. But when I stream videos/surf the internet via ethernet cable, the modem would not flash red at all and each LED light would be a solid, constant green. I have no idea what the problem is. It's very annoying having to constantly wait a few minutes after the modem returns to normal, and it's also annoying having to keep the ethernet cable plugged in (this defeats the whole purpose of a laptop...a portable computer). The funny thing is that the modem does not flash red whenever I download/stream videos/surf the internet on my iPod Touch...Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Many thanks for helping! :D

I do not want any customer service from AT&T because my last customer service experience with them was shit, and I just want to fix this problem ASAP.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you recently change your ISP/DSL service? From the reports I'm getting on google, flashing red lights is from changing and still having the ATT modem.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does upgrading from Basic DSL plan to Pro DSL plan count as changing? I upgraded my internet and got my laptop 3 months ago, so I can't tell if the same problem still occurred before I upgraded. I was trying to Google my problem, but I could not quite simplify my choice of words.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well I tried my googling skills & it led me to this . Apparently it's a common problem in your router model so try what people suggested there & see if anything work .

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried my googling skills & it led me to this . Apparently it's a common problem in your router model so try what people suggested there & see if anything work .

Ah, yes, that is the same problem I'm having. Switched to 802.11b as a result. I hope this solves the flashing red issue.

Thanks for the help guys. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?