Hacking Problem with NOR memory.

M[u]ddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using an Acekard 2.1 with Akaio 1.5 plus a EZFlash 3in1.
When trying to boot a gba rom to the NOR memory the DS doesn't go past the gba bios,
Also there is no Nintendo logo. (It's like when you star a real gba with no game inserted.)
I can then start my games from the DS menu, but that makes it impossible to play PassMe roms.
Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it?

M[u]ddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another World said:
is your card the newer 3in1+?
Yes
Another World said:
does the gba game/homebrew have a valid header?
I don't know. The rom I tested is [!] and runs fine on Visual Boy Advance. The PassMe was DSHeretic and worked perfect on M3 with GBA Expansion.
Another World said:
have you tried formatting the msd?
Yes
QUOTE(Another World @ Oct 19 2009, 03:42 AM)
have you run any testers on the 3in1 nor and/or formatted it?
I formatted it with Akaio.

Edit: I also tried GBA ExpLoader 058b and another 3in1+ modul but still the same issue.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the issue is because you have a 3in1+. all users i know can't get it to boot out of the akaio menu, they are forced to use the nds firmware menu. the only fix for this would be to ask ez to share the source, but from what i've heard that won't be "easy." i'm not sure what is causing the 3in1+ to hang up, probably the nor detection or something. i know for a fact that norm doesn't have a 3in1+. if someone was willing to donate one, perhaps he would work on the problem. you should just sell it, or offer it to norm. then buy the older 3in1 off realhotstuff. they are the last site that guarantees the older version.

dsheretic works on my 3in1new using akaio for passme. i sort of remember that vatoloco had it working but i don't remember if it was his 3in1+ or not.

vato: if you read this thread chime in, i know you have the 3in1+ and you post often =P.

-another world

M[u]ddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I still got one left from my order of 5 3in1, as one off my friend decided that he doesn't want his anymore. Since I couldn't find anyone else who wants it I'll just offer it to norm.
smile.gif

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
dsheretic works on my 3in1new using akaio for passme. i sort of remember that vatoloco had it working but i don't remember if it was his 3in1+ or not.

vato: if you read this thread chime in, i know you have the 3in1+ and you post often =P.

-another world

Yeah, Heretic works with my 3in1+...the way i get around the NOR flashing issue is by using GBAExploader to flash a game instead of using AKAIO to do it .

After the game is installed i can run it from AKAIO by using the GBA launcher icon on the first screen, remember to press L+A when launching.

Another thing i just kinda discovered is that i can use a .nds dump of the MMD launcher (its a passkey) to boot up Heretic or whatever =)

M[u]ddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
VatoLoco said:
After the game is installed i can run it from AKAIO by using the GBA launcher icon on the first screen
Ah that helped. I thought you had to push L+A when selecting the rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...