Hardware Problems converting PSP videos

strayofthesun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get videos to play on my PSP for a week or so. I run linux and have tried a ton of PSP video converters (Handbrake with a psp preset, Avidemux, qpspmanager, and some more that I'm forgetting the name of). All of them come up as unsupported data format.

I then tried a converter called Pazera PSP on a windows computer which worked, it uses FFMPEG to convert the file and includes the commandline commands in a nice handy box that I can copy/paste to use without the GUI. Since I don't have access to windows all the time and would rather find a linux solution I figured I could just use ffmpeg in linux via terminal with the same settings but when I do I get unsupported data format on the videos on my PSP.

here is the commandline Pazera PSP had "ffmpeg -y -i <input file> -vcodec libx264 -f psp -b:v 500k -r 25 -ab 96k -ar 44100 -ac 2 -s 480x272 -strict -2 <output.mp4>"

Anyone have any idea what the issue is?

EDIT: forgot to mention I have a PSP 1001 on 6.20 and 6.20 Pro-C firmwares. videos work the same on both

Last edited by strayofthesun,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The last thing I converted was with Handbrake 1.2.0:
MP4, align AV start
anamorphic off, modulus 16, keep aspect ratio on, highest dimension less than 480x272
h264, average bitrate 768, peak framerate - same as source (never had to deal with funny ones/above 30), encoder profile baseline, level 2.1
aac, bitrate 128, stereo
subtitles aren't supported afaik, unless hardsub
chapter markers off

I used ffmpeg about a year ago:
ffmpeg -i "OriginalVideo.mkv" -c:v h264 -profile:v baseline -level 3.0 -vf scale=-1:270 -c:a aac -b:a 96k "VideoTitle.mp4"
ffmpeg -i "OriginalVideo.mkv" -ss 10 -t 1 -vf scale=160:-1 -f image2 "VideoTitle.jpg"
but wasn't 100% satisfied (I think it stretches everything to widescreen? Or maybe I fixed these notes but didn't reencode the videos)

(10 in the second command is the time from which to take the icon)
(yes, the settings I used are different between the 2 programs... both ended up playable)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/P1hdZ8h