Problems regarding PS2

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My PS2 is making a lot of noise and if I insert the MCs the farthest possible, they aren't recognized (if I loose them a bit, they are). I have these problems for years and recently my DualShock 2 has had drift.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on if it upscales rather than a simple converter. the ps1 is in 240p, which most hd televisions now do not support. I'm sure that nearly all 4k televisions don't.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's an upscaler built in to poploader or something, I think for the ps2, but for the ps1, I don't really know how that would work as you should get a black screen otherwise. I'm personally using a framemeister from solaris, which was actually more expensive than the tv it's plugged into. I think there are cables that can do the same thing. the framemeister is about the highest end you can get especially now, being Japan only and discontinued.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the framemeister is about the highest end you can get especially now, being Japan only and discontinued.
That used to be true 5+ years ago, but the Framemeister has definitely been surpassed by the most recent versions of both the Retrotink and the OSSC. They're nowhere near as sought after as they were a few years back, and due to the competition surpassing it in performance the re-sale price has dropped dramatically. Five or six years ago you'd have been lucky to get a Framemeister for less than $400, but now you can pick them up for less than half that - mainly due to prior owners replacing them with Retrotink's.

Reactions: godreborn

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there's an upscaler built in to poploader or something, I think for the ps2, but for the ps1, I don't really know how that would work as you should get a black screen otherwise. I'm personally using a framemeister from solaris, which was actually more expensive than the tv it's plugged into. I think there are cables that can do the same thing. the framemeister is about the highest end you can get especially now, being Japan only and discontinued.

What's poploader? Then it's too expensive for me.

It's too expensive.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country