Hacking Problems with PS4 Linux

popuppirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am bravely attempting to join the PS4 Hacking community by loading Gentoo Linux on my PS4 Pro. However, I am running into trouble booting after the first successful boot. I come to the error in the image shown, and have no idea how to proceed.

I am following the popular tutorial by ModdedWarfare.

• To begin, I have a FW 6.72 PS4 Pro, Model CUH-7016B

• I have a USB-SSD with 256 GB free space, as well as a 64 GB USB stick for trialling;

• I first format the SDD/USB to MBR and FAT32;

• I then use BalenaEtcher to load the ps4gentoo01-2020.img.gz onto my USB-SSD/USB Stick.

• I have tried numerous kernels from those on ModdedWarfare's tutorial, each with little success. However, for the example shown, I have used the kernels provided on the page: the 5.37 bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz hosted on MEGA (from Link 3) and have proven the only kernels that allowed a single boot. I have nonetheless tested the kernels hosted here on gbatemp, as suggested by Modded Warfare.

• I then connect the USB-SSD/USB Stick to the furthermost port on the right-hand side of the PS4, facing disk-drive forwards. Nothing else, at this point, is connected via USB.

• On the PS4, I follow the tutorial and run Jailbreak+HEN on leeful's exploit host and then running the Linux Baikal payload from Al-Azif's exploit host
The result is the attached image.

I would point out that the PS4 afforded one single boot into Gentoo, which ceased to work following this golden moment of triumph.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing incorrectly?

Kind regards!

PS. My apologies, as a new member I cannot post links to the files I am using. All of the information about what I am using can be found from Modded Warfare's video ''(EP 13) How to Run Gentoo Linux on a PS4 (6.72 or Lower)!", available on Youtube.

Attachments

• problem.jpeg
    problem.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 247

popuppirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this. I tried unplugging the USB-SSD as suggested, but it crashed immediately. I also get a crash as soon as I plug in any other USB device other than the USB-SSD while booting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg