Homebrew Proposal for a freeShop successor after Ninty's screwing

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They knew with sciresm and other devs alerts that someone people could do a massive download of 3ds games from cdn, so, to try to mitigate/slow down this, they limited to 1 download per time.

Seeing that we have about 1349 games, imagine trying to download all them, one by one, before the end of those 2 weekends. An awful task, possible, but something i won't do.
I was thinking that someone would be making a massive download of all titles available via freeShop/Villain3DS or similar :P

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was thinking that someone would be making a massive download of all titles available via freeShop/Villain3DS or similar :P
That someone (not me) must have a 256gb+ sd, since just games, their updates and their DLCs are near to that, not to say about system files that are stored in sd.

Someone who bough a 400gb sd can do that 'easily'.

Good luck for who will do that task.

Last edited by Perfect One,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That someone (not me) must have a 256gb+ sd, since just games, their updates and their DLCs are near to that, not to say about system files that are stored in sd.

Someone who bough a 400gb sd can do that 'easily'.

Good luck for who will do that task.
Well if they were to download via Villain3DS then they would be stored on a PC

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well if they were to download via Villain3DS then they would be stored on a PC
I found what that if i just select games (and not updates and dlcs), i can download a load of games via wiiu usb helper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was asking myself: what if you installed a game via a safe method and try to update it via 3ds home menu y button option, do they ban who try that?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
edit: better yet, if we could modify Freeshop to spoof your console id then we could eliminate the problem without having to run a server. Is this possible?
Nintendo verifies console IDs against a database. They also have to be legitimately signed by CTCert in order for Nintendo to allow access. So no, wouldn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!