iLegendx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello :)
I need your help. I want to download Resident Evil and I see that it has got nearby name EDC and No EDC.
What is different EDC vs No EDC? Also, who do I download Resident Evil (EDC) or Resident Evil (No EDC)?

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Meme Lord
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :)
I need your help. I want to download Resident Evil and I see that it has got nearby name EDC and No EDC.
What is different EDC vs No EDC? Also, who do I download Resident Evil (EDC) or Resident Evil (No EDC)?
I don't think it even matters. EDC or "error detection and correction" is a form of early copy protection where bad sectors were purposely written to the disc to make copying difficult, but most drives nowadays have no troubles ripping the discs since it ignores those sectors completely. However, do bear in mind that some games like "Dance Dance Revolution" has additional EDC anti-piracy measures that look for these sectors, as otherwise if it doesn't then it locks up, so you will need to patch the disc image with the supposed bad sectors or by patching out the routines in the main executable to bypass the protection. This has been well fully documented on the "tonyhax" GitHub page (seen here).

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now the second