PS1/2 PS2 fat power cord

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can I use a ps4 power cable for a fat ps2
I don't have a PS4 myself, but after a quick Google search, it seems it uses a figure 8 (IEC type C7/C8) connector. If that is correct, then it should be compatible with the phat PS2 as well. Besides, the power conversion happens inside the PS2 itself, so as long as the connector fits, and is meant to be plugged in a wall outlet, there shouldn't be an issue in terms of electrical compatibility

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Achter Kabel as we say in German.:D

8-75S1-82S1-x.jpg

Devoidv3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as the voltage and polarity are good yeah itll work, I have to buy random rounded and round+squared plugs all the time because i forget them somewhere or take from the ps4 to goto something else. They are used for a ton of devices lol

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
as long as the voltage and polarity are good yeah itll work, I have to buy random rounded and round+squared plugs all the time because i forget them somewhere or take from the ps4 to goto something else. They are used for a ton of devices lol
Polarity isn't something we need to worry about as it is AC and not DC

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
even though it work it is not a good idea, that is a live circuit there are voltage going through those wires, he is fuck if he touch it.
Yeah, that's pretty terrible. As an electrical engineer, this hurts my eyes. Remember, this isn't something low like 5V or 12V DC, this is (likely) 230V AC or something close to that. Although you probably won't die if you touch it while powered on, it won't be pleasant. And the fire hazard...

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, that's pretty terrible. As an electrical engineer, this hurts my eyes. Remember, this isn't something low like 5V or 12V DC, this is (likely) 230V AC or something close to that. Although you probably won't die if you touch it while powered on, it won't be pleasant. And the fire hazard...
Meh, all modern houses have breakers it should be good.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meh, all modern houses have breakers it should be good.
ELCB might help when one touches this... this... let's say: Less than ideal solution.
Classic circuit breaker will most likely not cut off the electricity when touching this with the hand (unless the wires or the screws touch each other directly).

Although most of the time an electric shock from briefly touching something with normal supply voltage leads to no real harm, it is still not a pleasant feeling and surely not completely non-hazardous. I can tell you from own experience that 230V AC can be really, really painful under the right (or better wrong) circumstances. This is not funny and electric energy is not a toy!

An attitude like "House has breakers so I can play with electricity!" or "The car has electronic stability control so I can drive like a maniac!" or -- less dangerous -- "I have anti-malware, so I can click on anything, open all attachments and run random programs." works -- until is suddenly doesn't.

Something like this strange workaround for a missing $1 cable should not be considered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3