PS1/2 PS3 Demo Freezing on Purpose!

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
"A Sony rep has claimed to Destructoid that demo PS3 units in kiosks across the country were built to freeze up on purpose. From the article: "We do that so that people won't play it all day long," he explained. "Specifically during Motorstorm, we made it freeze up a lot.""

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PlayStation_3_...g_up_on_purpose

http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/forums/thread/256839/

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-k...se--28860.phtml

http://games.slashdot.org/games/06/12/27/1354222.shtml

More then one site saying such a thing... i wonder has Sony really lost their mind?

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

i just cant stop laughing

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, Sony is taking this to a new low. We all know the systems overheated. Nothing wrong with that as we understand how new systems are. But saying that you did it on purpose is a bold-faced lie.

Shit like this is what is turning me away from Sony altogether
dry.gif

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The flaws with thre Wiimote strap:

#1) Basic physics. The Wiimote is not heavy but when swung it gets heaver and it's going to want to fly away from the user and all thats going to hold it is the thin strap.

#2) Sweaty palms. The Wiimote is smooth plastic and our hands sweat. This increases the chance of it flying out of your hand. There should have been a rubberized grip on the back.

#3) Grip strength. Your index finger and thumb are both used to press buttons therefore are only going to be loosely gripping the controller. This leaves yer 3 remaining fingers witch happen to be yer three weakest fingers to actually hold onto the controller. This is made worst due to the sweaty palm problem.

#4) Aggressive play. I'm not buying that bullshit about people just being overly aggressive with it. If the game calls for me to use a tennis racket or a baseball bat I am going to swing it as so. I'm not going to sit there and sissy swing the thing and Nintendo should have expected that.

Therefor unlike the UMD flying out the Wiimote DOES have flaws with the wrist strap but at least Nintendo responded to this and replaced them.

[edit]

Oh and another flaw with the strap is it is string. Even if it was not already weak it would likely chafe over time and weaken and it's going to absorb dirt and pizza grease witch would also weaken it.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The flaws with thre Wiimote strap:

#1) Basic physics. The Wiimote is not heavy but when swung it gets heaver and it's going to want to fly away from the user and all thats going to hold it is the thin strap.

#2) Sweaty palms. The Wiimote is smooth plastic and our hands sweat. This increases the chance of it flying out of your hand. There should have been a rubberized grip on the back.

#3) Grip strength. Your index finger and thumb are both used to press buttons therefore are only going to be loosely gripping the controller. This leaves yer 3 remaining fingers witch happen to be yer three weakest fingers to actually hold onto the controller. This is made worst due to the sweaty palm problem.

#4) Aggressive play. I'm not buying that bullshit about people just being overly aggressive with it. If the game calls for me to use a tennis racket or a baseball bat I am going to swing it as so. I'm not going to sit there and sissy swing the thing and Nintendo should have expected that.

Therefor unlike the UMD flying out the Wiimote DOES have flaws with the wrist strap but at least Nintendo responded to this and replaced them.

[edit]

Oh and another flaw with the strap is it is string. Even if it was not already weak it would likely chafe over time and weaken and it's going to absorb dirt and pizza grease witch would also weaken it.

what does that have to do with the topic?
dont like it, dont buy it.
If your gonna bitch about the wiimote, theres already topics about that.
Now back at the subject, really, what made sony think anyone would belive in this.

Its like saying Bill Gates crashed windows 98 on purpose just to show the Error screen. Really...
Its a small flaw, plus its just a demo, just admit it Sony you didnt except this to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol