PS3 Hard drive too slow to load into games

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I recently just dusted off my old ps3 slim to play some skate 3, so I started MultiMAN to load up the game. Skate 3 was giving me a black screen so I figured it was just a problem with the backup itself. After trying some other games, most loaded up but almost all of them got stuck at their loading screens (with some exceptions). It didn't matter if it was a PKG or a MultiMAN installation. Even some menu options in MultiMAN take ages to give me a prompt (I tried deleting some titles to free up space). It's been a very long time since I installed CFW on the console, so I don't remember everything, but I figure it must me a faulty hard drive. I don't really care about the installed programs, so is there any formatting or cleanup apps to maybe fix the drive? If not I will probably try to replace it with my old laptop HHD. Any good ways to do that?
Thank you for reading! :)

Small update: Triying to update to the latest 4.89 EVILNAT just gave me an error at 50 percent

Last edited by legoinventeor,

mobile1199

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man

So for the first one if you're using a normal CFW (a non-cobra one), then you must have an original game disk (just any PS3 bluray disk) to mount those titles and fix the black screen.

And for the second one, I suppose you're trying to install that cobra-CFW via XMB. To install cobra cfws you have to do it from recovery menu, not the XMB.

Reactions: legoinventeor

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since these black screens are happening in more than just one game, it could be the hdd that's failing..
Do you see the hdd led indicator flashing, like a lot, or not at all during loading?
Can you check the temps, CPU, GPU etc.? They shouldn't be toi hight like above 70°C..
Do you have a fat, a slim or a super slim (important info)?
You didn't encounter a system corruption error message when you first booted up the system?
I will probably try to replace it with my old laptop HHD.
Not a good idea.. Get yourself a new hdd (with a capacity that fits your needs), and plug it into the system, it'd format it by itself.. Though if you want to keep or back up your games/saves, then you'd need to do beforehand..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...