ps3 slim image problem

cdsh009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I have this ps3 that has an image problem, it shows an image through HDMI, but it does not show it well.

I don't know if the problem is the HDMI connector or the HDMI controller chip, it is not a problem with the cable, because I have tried another one and it looks the same

Attachments

• Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-12-30 a las 08.52.47_5dc463fb.jpg
    Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-12-30 a las 08.52.47_5dc463fb.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 42

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HDMI can be a finicky thing though. (Like, why must I manually scale the picture down in games like God of War on some TVs? Why isn't it consistent? The setting wouldn't be necessary if it were simple).

• Was this a sudden thing? Did it work previously? If so, were any settings changed on your TV or PS3 prior?
  • Despite the HDMI cable being ruled out, have you tried another TV? (Even if the TV works fine with other devices).
  • Is the screen frozen at boot or can you navigate to settings? There's some video settings to mess with.

cdsh009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
HDMI can be a finicky thing though. (Like, why must I manually scale the picture down in games like God of War on some TVs? Why isn't it consistent? The setting wouldn't be necessary if it were simple).

• Was this a sudden thing? Did it work previously? If so, were any settings changed on your TV or PS3 prior?
  • Despite the HDMI cable being ruled out, have you tried another TV? (Even if the TV works fine with other devices).
  • Is the screen frozen at boot or can you navigate to settings? There's some video settings to mess with.

• The PS3 was working fine, it is not a problem with the HDMI cable, I have another PS3 and I have tried the same HDMI cable and the same TV, with the other PS3 the image looks good.
  • The image does not freeze, I can navigate through the settings without problems.
  • I thought it could be a firmware thing, I reinstalled it and the image looks fine for 10 or 20 seconds. then it is put back as I show in the photos.

I think it may be a problem with the HDMI controller IC or the HDMI port itself that is failing, but I'm not sure.

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • The PS3 was working fine, it is not a problem with the HDMI cable, I have another PS3 and I have tried the same HDMI cable and the same TV, with the other PS3 the image looks good.
  • The image does not freeze, I can navigate through the settings without problems.
  • I thought it could be a firmware thing, I reinstalled it and the image looks fine for 10 or 20 seconds. then it is put back as I show in the photos.

I think it may be a problem with the HDMI controller IC or the HDMI port itself that is failing, but I'm not sure.

Strange that it looked fine for that short period after a firmware reinstall. For that, all but certain that it's a hardware issue.

HDMI being a digital format over an analog connection (where nothing is true 0s and 1s; signals they get rounded), it's oddly consistent. If bad data were being delivered, you could expect some sort of error from your TV, like 'unsupported device', 'bad signal', etc. If it is hardware, maybe the port's consistently not 'pushing' the data hard enough for certain color bits. No idea.

So the same TV with another PS3s fine. Can't imagine TV's have display cache like Windows 10 & 11 do (where say you may have a fleet of identical laptops and monitors yet if you dock somewhere else, it remembers the unique positions of your monitor positions). If so, your TV may actually be like "F this PS3 in particular".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto