Hardware Ps4 controller wont connect to ps4 but works on pc

Justinde75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried everything. Using a keyboard and deleting the bluetooth settings, resetting the controller, charging it and trying it later. It works on my no problem (both bluetooth and usb) and even when my computer is turned off it just flashes blue and doesnt find anything. Does anybody have some idea what to do? I have been trying for days now

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you try a different controller with your console ? It could be that the bluetooth chip itself is broken in the console instead of the controller itself. Try to pair something new to the console like some wireless headphones. Wondering why no one asked that at all. It's a more likely cullprit if it receives bluetooth signals and sends them perfectly fine to a bluetooth chip on pc.

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: Leeful

Psycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used over 5 cables lol
not to be rude, but this doesn't mean that any of the 5 were good quality cables. i've had times where multiple cables were bad just to find out that they were all just lesser quality as they worked with less strict electronics. but definitely try @Virdoo's suggestion and do a controller factory reset

Reactions: KiiWii and Leeful

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does your PS4 work with any other known to work controller?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
He didn't answer. Asked exactly the same thing because pretty sure the bluetooth chip was broken but guess its fixed now seeing he doesn't reply anymore to replies. Anyway good holidays dude ! Enjoy them fully

Reactions: MadMaxGR

Mrpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
have you tried a USB cable, and if you have its probably a different kind of one, so try to use a different one.
this same thing happened to me, lol :)

flabbaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, does it turn on when you pres the Playstation Button on it? I had a similar case the other day. Bought a slightly water damaged controller, and it would only connect to a PC and not the PS4. Turns out the pads on the button flex-cable was a little bit corroded, so it didn't make contact when pushing the PS button. Replacing the flex did the trick. Just make sure you order the correct flex, as there are different models.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, does it turn on when you pres the Playstation Button on it? I had a similar case the other day. Bought a slightly water damaged controller, and it would only connect to a PC and not the PS4. Turns out the pads on the button flex-cable was a little bit corroded, so it didn't make contact when pushing the PS button. Replacing the flex did the trick. Just make sure you order the correct flex, as there are different models.
Thanks for the advice, but controller is perfectly fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto