PS4 FPKG Enabler on PS5 Firmware 4.03 has been released

The Homebrew scene for PlayStation systems has been growing steadily, and today marks another big breakthrough for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 hacking.

Hacking developer sleirsgoevy has released a homebrew app titled "PS4 FPKG Enabler", which basically allows a PS5 system to run fake PS4 package files (known as FPKG) while on a firmware version of 4.03. The process requires the user to execute the binary file through a wireless connection by taking note of their IP address, and accessing a specific website on the PS5 that will prompt for the payload to be injected with the message "waiting for payloads", then via a computer (or any device/method of sending files through a wireless connection) the PS4 FPKG bin file is sent to the PS5. In case the PS5 of the user gets frozen or reboots, all that's needed is to retry the browser's link until the message of "waiting for payloads" appears.

This payload also enables the Debug mode in the system. As of the time of writing, this works only for PS5's with a system firmware of 4.03, and while this is relatively new, it could get backported into other hackable firmwares, like 3.00 up to 4.51, in the future.

:arrow: GitHub Page for PS4 FPKG Enabler

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are fun, I remember clearing all of them before finishing the game, hopefully you have the Complete Edition with the Frozen Wilds DLC.
The only enemies I'm having a hard time with are Rockbreakers and there are videos that show how to defeat them, but bI want to learn it on my own. Guessing the explosives help a lot and such.

Other than two side quests featuring Rockbreakers, the other side quest is Frozen Wilds (think I'll leave that for later).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, is it still easy to get low FW ps5?
No but you could find one at Ebay but be warned that it will be very expensive. I have a PS5 with FW 2.30 when it was first released and it was 500 dollars 500 Euro. Now with this low FW, whew... very expensive right now.

Reactions: KiiWii

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, is there anyway to recognize console's FW from box without opening it? I think i need to visit all local stores now

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: leon315

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious for those that got this to run on their PS5 - do the PS4 fpkgs play the same on the PS5 like on the PS4 or better? (higher fps, better graphics, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright