PS4 Linux Kernel 6.y

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi mircoho.. yes the ps4linux scene isn't like 2022... sorry if i bump on your thread but where is a good host for 6.72 with all linux payload? now iam on fedora 38 but i reinstall manually the mesa (if i update mesa from repo the 3d have lot of problem, strange black line). now some black line in scummvm...
Like your request we need new mesa patched for ps4... no?

mircoho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
the last fully working mesa with ACO compiler is 22.2.0 with newer mesa only LLVM compiler works. yes we need new mesa patch, but everything makes no sense with no fully working kernel ...
4.14 is old no VULKAN
4.19 is too old but with Vulkan but doesnt work with new DRM(mesa)
the kernel from codedwrench does work with belize Model "right" but not Aeolia .. ....

i dont know i can not share mine because is "stolen":D from prb123 just for own Hosting if he share the source then i can share too .. but what do you mean with all linux Payload?? just 1GB vram ..2gb vram... 3gb vram etc.?

Reactions: valandys1

valandys1

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello mircoho please can you make new gentoo for ps4 and i have a fat ps4 with touch buttons aeolia but your kernel have a wifi disconection problem i am on 9.00. Thank you i am your fan.Sorry for my bad english.

smigol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a developer who can compile a single kernel to detect and support the 3 different southbridge chips? (Without the need of 21 different bzimage).
Also could It be possibile to detect automatically the display resolution?
Hopefully someone can contribute to the codedwrench's ps4-linux-kernel.

EDIT: Sorry can't post links...

Last edited by smigol,

mircoho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is there really a major benefit to jumping to the 6.x kernel?
idk if u build me a 6.x kernel i can tell you :D no,

what i know that newer Mesa version doesnt work longer with 4.19 Kernel

and the kernel from Codedwrench 5.15.x works just fine for with Southbridge Belize but not aeolia or baikal.

so i just asked if someone can make a 6.x kernel, clean with the ps4 patches from ps3ita team oder fail0verflow? or yes like @smigol a Kernel who does work with all Southbridges? But yes ... that's a lot of work

with newer mesa version as 22.2.0 just LLVM Compiler does work and not the ACO compiler maybe with a newer Kernel mesa works fine again ... ?? ... but yes i can not compile a 6.x i get errors that i can not solved
Post automatically merged:

Hello mircoho please can you make new gentoo for ps4 and i have a fat ps4 with touch buttons aeolia but your kernel have a wifi disconection problem i am on 9.00. Thank you i am your fan.Sorry for my bad english.
Someone is working on a new Gentoo for the PS4, but I don't know when the release date is ... if we get new kernel maybe i do it self but without it makes no fun ... gpu driver is broken..
sry

valandys1

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Mircoho you are a lengend for me and is a dream to talk to you. Respect for your person.I search for you everywere you have twiter? thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol